“Excellent food, reasonably priced” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Neighbourhood: Griffon - Royale
Geneva, Switzerland
“Excellent food, reasonably priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

The food was nouvelle cuisine, very innovative. It was nicely served on beautifully-shaped porcelain and the food went well with them. It was delicious and excellent for my taste. For all these niceties, the price was reasonable and the staff very efficient and polite. A must-experience for people with low budget and yet dine with style.

Visited May 2012

Vancouver
“WOW - Japanese/French Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

Four friends and I dined here our last night in Lyon and after three rather traditional though wonderful dinners at more traditional lyonnais restaurants, we were a little apprehensive about the concept of a French/Japanese fusion restaurant. We needn't have been. Our dining experience was wonderful from start to finish.

The wait staff are all Japanese (French, with a Jaanese accent - something for us) and although casual, very attentive and very professional. The decor is clean and modern looking without being cold - very comfortable.

The food was incredible, honestly, we were swooning over every dish. The menu is very limited - only two choices for each course - something which always makes me concerned but none of the five of us had any problems at all choosing our courses. The food was fresh, light, interesting, delicious taste and texture combnations and beautifully presented. It was, as well, ridiculously reasonable - with very good wine it cost us about 30 euro each.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Nice, small restaurant with Fixed menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

The restaurant is small but the food is excellent. There is only a fixed menu with only 2 choices in each category (not a la carte), so you better like what they have that day (we did). What we had was excellent, and the service was prompt. Recommended.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Hexagone6x6
Lyon, France
“Lives up to the hype!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

After reading the all of the effusive reviews about L'Ourson Qui Boit, my friends and I were very eager to give it a try. We had to make a reservation weeks in advance, and we were slightly worried that the food wouldn't live up to the hype. But after my first bite of my amuse bouche, I knew we were in for a great meal. It was a chicken mousse with hearty flecks of sea salt, delicate green beans, and a shallot-ginger puree. I was surprised that the €25 formula menu was the only option, but I also enjoyed its simplicity. For my appetizer, I ordered tender pieces of chicken that were submerged in a creamy broth (reminiscent of the world's best cream of chicken soup), drizzled with a romesco sauce. For my main course, I got the fish of the day - perfectly cooked whitefish sitting on a bed of fresh spinach, swimming in a smoky froth, and topped with tiny cubes of tender apples. What sounds like an odd combination turned out to be a stroke of culinary inspiration - the flavors melded beautifully! For dessert, we all ordered the cream cheese mousse topped with pear compote, grapefruit sorbet, and served with an orange-infused madeleine. In my opinion, the dessert was the least successful dish. The pear compote looked and tasted oddly like canned pineapple. Even the sharp tartness of the grapefruit couldn't cut its sticky sweetness. But overall, it was a great meal in a cozy environment - and the service was spectacular. Our pitcher of water (with ice!) was constantly being refilled, and we were never without a full basket of their delicious bread. Overall, it was well worth the price and well deserving of the praise it's received!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
France
“We loved this place and the service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Delicious and perfect service, we spent a wonderful night, delicious food and waitress very discrete. a perfect dinner