“Very good dinner experience”
Review of La Sauvageonne

La Sauvageonne
Ranked #62 of 120 Restaurants in Megeve
Price range: US$45 - US$100
Cuisines: Asian, Diner, French, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In an authentic and refined farm from 1912, the restaurant "La Sauvageonne" welcomes you for an outdoor lunch or dinner close to the fireplace in the old barn. A sumptuous bar, located in the ground floor, is open from 7.30 Pm for an aperitif or drinks before your meal. A large and comfortable smoking room and the largest Havana cigars selection in Megeve will ravish smokers. Continue your evening in a musical atmosphere animated by a Disc Jockey until 3am.
London, United Kingdom
“Very good dinner experience”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Service was great. My chateaubriand was amazingly good . Wine excellent. Deserts as well. Thevonly thing that bothered us, was that we had to reconfirm reservation 3 times before arriving.

Visited December 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Deplorable”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This is my 3rd visit to the restaurant, obviously I enjoyed the experience the 1st 2 times.

I was one of the unlucky ones to get the 1st seating booking. Everything from welcome to the exit was rushed and rude. I would have enjoyed my evening more if I had walked in handed over my credit card and then left immediately.

The waiter was rude and the owner is even more obnoxious and lacks etiquette. My colleague probably ordered the most expensive thing on the menu a so called “Wagyu Beef steak” . The food was cold appeared on my table exactly 2 minutes after ordering and was stale. On complaining, we expected a little more attention to what they brought before us but the owner decides to cut the steak in various pieces in front of us and gives us a lesson as to what Wagyu should be like. Perhaps he should have cared to check if I know the meaning of Wagyu.

The owner Nanu embarrassed us in front of my guests and we couldn’t wait to leave the restaurant in shame and we left the steak as it is untouched after the owner had been all over it. I was then presented with the bill and told that just because you don’t like the food that does not mean you don’t have to pay for it. I paid with a tear in my eye and left.

• Visited March 2012
6 Thank Paulmat555
Sao Paulo, SP
“Live and good food”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

It is a beautiful restaurant away from Megeve center of Village. You will have to go by car or taxi. But be careful with taxi prices in Megece. They can be more expensive than the restaurant itself...
The decor is interesting and the atmosphere is live with good music played a little loud (but it is possible to talk and it gives a "party sensation"). A good option is to have a drink before sitting at the table, in a bar on the ground floor area. Food is good but be careful not to sit facing the wall, specially on tables placed along the wall line. Don´t forget to reserve your table in advance.

• Visited January 2012
New York City, New York
“Worst Experience in Megeve”
Reviewed 1 April 2011

The quality of the food was the lousiest that we experienced in Megeve for astronomical prices. We were put as a party of three amongst a private 18th birthday party that took place in the whole restaurant. Absolutely ridiculous unless you enjoy birthday speeches during your dinner conversation. The food was inedible since the focus of the kitchen was on the huge party and obviously not on us. It is sad if you think that it is necessary for a so called "in" restaurant to make money so urgently that they accept a dinner reservation in spite of having booked a private party and as a result ruined your night. Never again!

• Visited April 2011
3 Thank MSWilliamson
Kemsing, United Kingdom
“Best in Megeve”
Reviewed 8 February 2011

The total experience is a pleasure, from the Bar with DJ to the great atmosphere in the dining room followed by a truely memorable Dinner. The food and staff are 1st class and should qualify for higher honours.

• Visited February 2011