Hotel Chalet d'Antoine
Les Loges Blanches Megeve(Megeve)(Great Value!)
US$171
Great 4.5/5
Lodge Park(Megeve)
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
All reviewssimon butler skiingski tuitionnext yearskiing holidayfantastic weeksecond to noneafternoon teahome from homeother guestsgreat funfantastic skiingexcellent holidaydietary requirementscakeshis teamin houseoff piste
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2011

If you ski with your family, or a group of friends, chances are you will all be at different levels of skiing. My party has always been very mixed ability. This is were Simon Butler Skiing is fantastic. They place each person in a suitable group for their ability, teach you all the new techniques while making it fun and interesting. They encourage and stretch you, while giving you lots of confidence. They certainly improved my skiing immensely and they are brilliant at motivating children. Lessons last for about 2 hours each day. When your lesson is finished you can spend the rest of the day skiing with family or friends. Everyone develops. at their own rate and comfort and you still get to ski as a group. It's the perfect mix.

The skiing area is also excellent for mixed abilities. There are plenty of long greens and blues, which will allow beginner to experience a vast part of the ski area with reds and mogul and tree runs running along side for the more advanced skier.

The food is fantastic in both chalets. The Antoine is a little more up market, but I love the very spacious areas and bar at the Soleil D'Or. Both chalets are only a few minutes walk apart.

I loved this holiday because it gave me the chance to improve my own skiing to a high level, while also having a great family holiday.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2011

My wife and I have been skiing for many years, however this was our first ski outing witht our 4 year old son. We were obviously a little nervous about leaving him for ski school, however we should not have been! The Simon Butler team are fantasic. The Chalet was ideal, clean, excellent food and friendly staff. The instructors were equally as good and Jay in particular was fantastic with out little Franz Klammer in the making! We have already booked next year's trip it was that good!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Just stayed our second time at the Antoine. This place ticks all the right boxes for a skiing holiday. Nice ambience, clean and tidy rooms (dont book 105 as its right opposite the door of the nightclub over the road!). Its is a good location a few minutes walk to the lifts and the bus stops are closer still. A 2 minute walk brings you to the centre of town. The hotel bar prices are fair. Some of the rooms are quite small but for a small supplement you can upgrade to a larger room. There is always plenty of very hot water which is what you want after a days skiing, and the hotel maintains a comfortable temperature throughout. Excellent food (disappointingly served on cold plates). You can get cheaper accommodation in Megeve but in this case you get what you pay for and in our opinion its worth paying a bit more for the overall comfort.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank holidaymakerPoole
ChaletAntoine, Owner at Hotel Chalet d'Antoine, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2011

Dear holidaymakerPoole, thankyou for your comments I just wanted to ensure you that we have dealt with the two issues mentioned.

We have written to the local police who have ensured us that they will be clamping down on the noise from the Cocoon bar at the weekends.

We also have a new plate warmer in use and would like to apologise to those that were affected during the period that this was on order.

Best Wishes,

Simon Butler
Owner

Reviewed 12 March 2011

Once again - a great holiday, fantastic tuition (2 hours for the first five days included in the weekly price), great central location, lovely food, friendly staff. We'll be back again next year!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Jemalis
Reviewed 9 March 2011

A really friendly place to go and stay, it was my first skiing trip and I was really nervous but the staff were fantastic and really put me at ease. I soon mastered the basic skills of skiing and had such a great time that I will definitely be booking with Simon Butler again. The food was outstanding, 3 courses every night of outstanding quality, washed down with good quality wine. I even had time for a massage in the evening in the chalet, all needs are met. Can't wait to come back next year.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends