“Simon Butler skiing is awesome!!!!”

Hotel Chalet d'Antoine
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Megeve
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My mum and dad have been skiing with SImon Butler since about 1996 and this is my fourth holiday here! It is the best ever. I have stayed at the Soleil D'Or and at first was sad that we were not going to be staying there but within a night of being at the Chalet Antoine I have decided I prefer it there. It is really relaxed and welcoming for us kids and even though I am old enough to eat with the adults had the kids teas instead which were very tasty (although I am not sure I like macaroni cheese - shall have to come back again to make sure lol). The ski lessons were brilliant and our instructor was the best. My brother and I have told mum and dad that Simon Butler Skiing has got to be a permanent family holiday - anywhere else will not do!!!

1  Thank Scott J

Reviewed 13 January 2014

we was very lucky to manage to get a room at SB over the xmas week, have never been away for xmas before and we was slightly worried that the kids would miss out....... they had an absolute ball!! Let me start with the staff..... we was met at Geneva by two of the girls who work in the chalets, as anyone will know geneva mid morning is a bun fight but the girls were there holding up clipboards and got us on the coach(equipped with toilet) for the drive to Megeve.
On arrival the whole hotel came out and helped unload the coach of our baggage, we was quickly dispatched to rooms and left to unpack.
Rooms are adequate, the water is hot, the linen is clean, the beds are fine, for a skiing holiday what more do you want??
On to the catering, the chef Toby and his team are excellent, quiet how he managed to serve 50-60 fillet steaks medium at the same stage is beyond me on the 1st night
The children are fed at 5:45 and it was a pleasure to see decent food being served not the usual nugget + chips offering
Adults are fed at 7:45 and as i said it was always v good, house wine was surprisingly pleasent!
Upon arrival you are placed in a skiing group depending on ability, lessons were great and i must say i really learnt a lot, my son who is six was coming down red & blacks by the end of the week. At the end of the week you have a video meeting and look at what you did and didnt do correctly, kids have a awards ceremony
The bar area was a great social point with the drinks priced well especially for a town like Megeve.
So to sum up SB.... the staff are great.. food excellent.... rooms good.... lessons excellent......they just seem to really do it right if that makes sense...... i immediatley booked Febuary half term 2015 as soon as i got home......

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I have stayed here three times now with various of my sons while travelling with a group of friends. The only weakness in the place is the rooms where some are in need of a refurbishment, but even so they pass off as "ski club shabby chic". Everything works and in their own way they are actually quite cosy.
I cannot compliment the rest of the establishment and the staff highly enough. Jay Blatherwick sets a great example and the staff all seem to enjoy working there which I think is key in a ski resort. The instructors are all excellent and the long serving Alex is particularly good with the kids. Everyone is really unbelievably pleasant and helpful. Everything is pristine clean.
Toby is a great chef and the food is both good quality and fulfilling and the restaurant has a pleasent atmosphere, helped by the infants eating earlier.
The bar can become quite something of a social hub and is a very cool place to hang out before hitting the town.
The hotel, while not right in the town square, is still in a great location with a ski shop, bars and restaurants opposite and it being less than a 2 minute walk (with ski's) to the lifts and central hub.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank bradley l
Reviewed 12 January 2014

A wonderful weeks holiday was had in Megeve the skiing tuition was excellent, the food was tasty and healthy, the chalet girls work unbelievably hard to cater for all your needs and the resort is beautiful would recommend to anyone looking for lots of family fun.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I have been on Simon Butler skiing holidays several times, starting back in 2000 when I went with a group and had almost certainly the best skiing tuition I'd had in the previous 20 years which made a massive difference to my skiing & resulting enjoyment of the sport.

There was a gap due to marriage and then kids, before I went back as a family which I always knew we'd do when the kids were the right age as I know it was the place I'd want to start them due to Megeve's perfect pistes on which to learn and the tuition at Simon Butler. The deicion was equally easy as there were always going to be similarly aged children for mine to get to know and spend time with. Now our two are 8 and 9 this has been exactly what has happened.

I first stayed in the Soleil D'or which is Simon Butlers non-stared chalet and although basic it is very homely and good value. The Chalet Antoine is a step up and deserves its rating both for modest size, which ensures a family atmosphere, layout and excellent location in one, if not the, most exclusive resorts in the French Alps.

Fast transfer times from Geneva make the journey painless. Skiing has never been cheap but for what one gets at the Chalet Antoine with Simon Butler skiing is good. We've now been the last two Christmas' and are already booked for next year. What else can I say!

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

We have had 5 excellent family holidays at The Antoine and my husband many more with 'lads only'. The ski tuition is superb and the range of instructors that we have experienced have all been caring and inspire confidence. My husband thoroughly enjoyed skiing one year particularly with Sumo in an advanced class and
my son had Sumo in a beginners class in a previous year and felt very happy.
The staff have always been friendly and efficient and often 'go the extra mile.' Toby's food is amazing and very creative. Bring some clothes with elasticated waistbands!
The rooms are lovely and comfortable cleaned to an excellent standard.
We have booked again for next New Year with friends made from the chalet last December and the previous year.
Simon Butler Skiing has found a recipe that works.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 1 January 2014

As a very apprehensive first time and solo skier -- I returned home totally elated - and looking forward to the next time. Within an hour of arriving I was far from being alone - and felt very much part of a family.

There are too many positives to list and people to thank for making this such a special week - only to say thanks to everybody - for everything.

If anybody is looking at this review and wondering whether to book - forget the hesitation as I doubt if you will find a better holiday for solo or family skiers - where everything you require (including daily instruction ) is included.
--- Kevin M.