Hotel Chalet d'Antoine
Lodge Park(Megeve)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewssimon butler skiingski tuitionnext yearskiing holidayfantastic weeksecond to noneafternoon teahome from homeother guestsgreat funfantastic skiingexcellent holidaydietary requirementscakeshis teamin houseoff piste
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Having stayed at the Antoine on numerous occasions I am always impressed with the excellent level of service and friendliness of the staff. You are always made to feel extremely welcome and so well looked after, nothing is too much trouble. Particularly impressed with the way they cater for my gluten free diet without any fuss. Fantastic location not far from the slopes with a wide range of pistes for all abilities. Always an enjoyable stay and look forward to my next visit soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Simon Butler Skiing have the perfect combination of high quality ski instruction, excellent accommodation, in a wonderful resort with a wide variety of mountain restaurants dotted around the large ski area.

The Chalet d'Antoine is a very comfortable place to stay and an easy stroll to Megeve's pretty town centre. All of the chalet staff were friendly and would do everything to make our stay special. As a group we were given adjacent rooms. Our room was lovely, with an ensuite, a balcony, tea and coffee and wifi available in the room, not just the public areas. The catering was awesome and Toby was able to cater for all dietary requirements we asked for in a creative way - which made such a change to the usual. A bar in the chalet meant that we didn't have to go out if we wanted a drink, although there are plenty of bars available locally for those that did.

I ski with a mixed ability group of friends, so this really could be the perfect solution for us. I've skied for a long time and have picked up a few lazy habits over the years. These habits have been missed by the instructors I've been given when I've booked the odd private lesson in the past. Over 5 days, Jay was able to spot the problems and come up with exercises to overcome them. Skiing with people of a similar ability and speed pushed me to do more than I would have if I had skied with the friends I travelled with all week.

Megeve is an easy transfer from Geneva Airport. Flights are not included in the price, which means you can fly from the airport you want at a time that suits you. The chalet organises a group transfer at good rates, but you can travel from and to the airport at other times using the Megeve Express or one of the private transfer companies.

All in all, this holiday has proved that a French ski holiday can match the hospitality offered in Italy, Austria and Switzerland. You just have to pick the "right place".

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rache505
Reviewed 10 April 2014

A returning customer and not disappointed. Fantastic service, wonderful food and great skiing location. Travelled solo, but very much felt part of the party! Will return again, well done Simon Butler.

Room Tip: Rooms at the Front of the Chalet are noisy due to bar opposite, if you want a quiter room choose one at the rear.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This was my sixth stay at the Antoine and this year solo it still lived up to expectations. This is an exceptionally friendly and sociable hotel and the buzz at dinner has to be experienced to be believed. The unique Butlers style combines friendly hospitality, first class ski tuition and 5* catering -thanks to Toby the chef. The hotel is 3 minutes stroll from the picturesque village of Megeve, opposite the ski hire and well placed for the ski buses. The rooms are comfortable with plenty of hot water and you are well looked after by the young chalet staff. A big thank you to Simon, Jay, Toby, Jo and all the staff for another fantastic week – I will be back hopefully with the family again next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Thank you for yet another fabulous week! The Chalet Antoine staff looked after us so well and were so friendly, making us all feel comfortable and spoilt. I wouldn't go skiing anywhere else.
Thank you so much.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back to avoid night time revellers.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends