“Not that good a bar, but...”

Jazz Club des Cing Rues
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Not that good a bar, but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

In general this bar is over priced and too small. However it has the best music anywhere. The live bands are awesome.
Saturday was so crowded it was daft. Real shoulder to shoulder stuff. Left early
Monday better and was quite good and stayed till 3 before going on elsewhere
However the sting is the price of drinks. €20 for a drink, even in Megeve, is too much.
Oh, watch the cats too. The cloakroom girls "lost" a few!!!
Overall I think it's bet to avoid.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank ChrisB7777

Amsterdam
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“For some nice pre-dinner drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

We've visited this bar a few times over the years during our annual ski holiday in Megeve; it is very nice for some pre-dinner drinks. It opens only at 18,30 (- 02.00) so not suitable for a drink immediately after ski around 17 or so, Probably the club aims at a more upscale atmosphere.

If you go for the music, one visit per season is enough, because musicians are contracted for some consecuitive weeks in a row.

The bar can be very crowded between 19 and 20, but if you are open for a chat and some fun, that's o.k.!.

Visited December 2012
Switzerland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“AVOID at all cost - rudest owner ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Myself and three girlfriends decided to check out this so-called jazz club last Saturday night. At the door we were made to feel as if we were being made a huge favour by being allowed in. Once inside we found ourselves in a tiny 'club' with the band taking up half of the floor-space. The clientele was mostly middle-aged. I was standing by the bar and all of a sudden was given a mighty shove by a guy wanting to reach the bar so I turned around and told him would he mind not pushing me at which he turned around and very aggressively asked me 'What? What did you say?'. At this point I realised he was probably the owner or manager so I repeated to him that we were clients and that I didn't appreciate being pushed. He pointed his hand to the door and said 'out'. Needless to say we were about to leave anyway and he followed us out shouting to the doorman that he wasn't to allow any more 'gamines' (little girls) in (we are aged 27-33). I was glad to see that a couple waiting to get in turned around and left after witnessing the scene. We went to a much nicer bar a bit further down on the main street where the waitress was extremely cheerful and the ambiance a lot nicer. Would not recommend this place to anyone unless you want to be pushed around, verbally abused and made to feel unwelcome.

Visited February 2012