Korean DMZ Tour with Expert Tour Guide from Seoul - No shopping

Book in advance
from
£44.54
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience DMZ
from £56.53
1,070 results
All reviews infiltration tunnel dora observatory the bus joint security area korean war half day tour tour guide city hall imjingak park unique experience visiting seoul north korean side last stop cold war passport zone border
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 May 2019 via mobile

After asking for information about a tour. It did not fit my travel plans. Which i polietly let the comapny know. The responce I received was very rude as shown in the picture below. I am now very glad I am not taking the tour if this is the attitude potential customers are treated to. I didn't realise asking for information was such a issue for a tour company! I would avoid people with this quality of customer!

Date of experience: May 2019
5  Thank Davimhe P
Reviewed 27 April 2019

I had looked forward to seeing the DMZ, I booked the tour on the internet from Seoul. I did not know that it would be like Disneyland. Hundreds of buses, hundreds of shops, crowds of people. Our guide kept on telling us she was the best, but she provided little information. The visit of the infiltration tunnel was disorganized and crowded. We waited in line for a long time. The train station was meaningful to me, it created the hope that trains might one day run through a united Korea. but Koreans do not wish for reunification. And the big business of the DMZ tourist trade would disappear with unification.

1  Thank Frauke R
Reviewed 23 April 2019

This is the closest you can get to North Korea on a DMZ tour. There many artifacts drawing you attention to a divided country and the desire of the South Koreans for reunification. As you drive through the area, it is sobering to see the many red, inverted triangles on the roadside fences, alerting you to the presence of uncleared anti-personnel mines. You are reminded that officially both North Korea and South Korea are still at war; there is only an armistice between them.

Reviewed 23 April 2019

I booked the DMZ1 full day tour run by Seoulcitytour.net through the very helpful tourist information centre in Myeongdong. There were very few foreigners and the narration was in Korean only, but the guide did explain some highlights in English. The tour covered most of the places I wanted to see, and there was a good view into North Korea using binoculars from an observatory, but we didn’t see the unification village. There was not enough time at the first stop at Freedom Bridge, and the walk in the infiltration tunnel is a bit hard for the less agile visitors like me.
My tour included an excellent lunch at a restaurant back in Seoul, plenty of time for walking around the shops at Insadong, and hotel pickup and return. It also included a ginseng shop,

2  Thank Stickman1
Reviewed 19 April 2019

There is this realization that at one time this place used to be one of the most dangerous borders in the world because of the tension filled conflict between the 2 countries. So much that even if I didn't get to see the JSA , my disappointment is not that much. But there is still the 3rd infiltration tunnel , which can be physically challenging to traverse for some, and the dora observatory among others. Be ready to deal with the many tourists particularly those eager to have photo poses with that DMZ signage. Can be frustrating at times though .

1  Thank doctorfoxtrot