Korean DMZ Tour with Expert Tour Guide from Seoul - No shopping

Book in advance
from
£44.54
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience DMZ
from £56.53
1,070 results
All reviews infiltration tunnel dora observatory the bus joint security area korean war half day tour tour guide city hall imjingak park unique experience visiting seoul north korean side last stop cold war passport zone border
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 May 2019

Visited the tunnels, a little cramped for big people, have to bend over. Very popular but extremely interesting to see into north Korea from the top of the hill. The war, in many ways continues. The younger generation need to carry on the vigilance against the North. Reconciliation is being attempted by the South. Unfortunately JSA was closed when we visited.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed 8 May 2019 via mobile

The tours to the JSA were reopened May 1, 2019 after a seven month halt and we visited May 4. Due to the political tenseness, final confirmation of our tour was not made until the day before and the time of the tour was changed. There are many tour companies and our American military guide at the JSA did say that tours are available from Pyongyang in North Korea for citizens of countries other than the US or South Korea.

Now the guards at the JSA are unarmed and the two sides remain out of the way of each other. We did not see any North Koreans during the visit. If your visit to the JSA is close to noon, you may see foreign visitors and their escorts from the Pyongyang tour at a distance.

I took the half day tour two years ago and the Dora observatory building is new and the Dorasan station was full of pictures of Kim Jung Un and Moon Jae-In meeting in cooperative talks. Quite a change in two years.

The sites are crowded with many tours and the lunch is served very efficiently for the crowd. Bring your own sandwich if you don’t like Korean food.

Do not book this tour if you are not flexible on your timing.

The third tunnel has a tram available from certain much more expensive tour companies. Research that and book that tour if you are not physically fit. We were both senior citizens who are very active; however, the third tunnel climb back to the surface was a challenge.

There are many tour companies offering the tours. KORIDOOR tours start near Yongsan or Pyeongtaek (Camp Humphreys).

My partner experienced the Korean War first hand and the tour had a special meaning. Your experience may be different.

Picture shows tree of cooperation planted leaders of both sides.

Date of experience: May 2019
4  Thank Terry L
Reviewed 6 May 2019

This is a exciting eye opener for many who did not experienced any real battles as we are technically in a war zone even after 65 years since the Armistice was signed in 27 July 1953.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed 5 May 2019 via mobile

After asking for information about a tour. It did not fit my travel plans. Which i polietly let the comapny know. The responce I received was very rude as shown in the picture below. I am now very glad I am not taking the tour if this is the attitude potential customers are treated to. I didn't realise asking for information was such a issue for a tour company! I would avoid people with this quality of customer!

Date of experience: May 2019
5  Thank Davimhe P
Reviewed 27 April 2019

I had looked forward to seeing the DMZ, I booked the tour on the internet from Seoul. I did not know that it would be like Disneyland. Hundreds of buses, hundreds of shops, crowds of people. Our guide kept on telling us she was the best, but she provided little information. The visit of the infiltration tunnel was disorganized and crowded. We waited in line for a long time. The train station was meaningful to me, it created the hope that trains might one day run through a united Korea. but Koreans do not wish for reunification. And the big business of the DMZ tourist trade would disappear with unification.

Date of experience: April 2019