DMZ Tour, Expert Tour Guide from Seoul /Option: Suspension Bridge

Book in advance
from
£44.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience DMZ
from £55.84
1,073 results
All reviews infiltration tunnel dora observatory the bus joint security area korean war half day tour tour guide city hall imjingak park unique experience visiting seoul north korean side last stop cold war passport zone border
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 June 2019 via mobile

We booked about a month in advance with VIP travel who were excellent. Our English speaking tour guide was excellent and very knowledgable. We met at a hotel and took their air conned coach to the DMZ. You have to provide your passport several times. Here you can visit (and should visit) - Dora observatory, third tunnel, park and the train station.
We went for lunch near by which was great.
From there we went to the JSA which was fascinating.
Really recommend going here - it was just incredible and we learnt so much history.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 14 June 2019

We did this tour, and learned a lot about the Korean peninsula history. Our guide was very knowledgeable. Walking under the tunnel was an incredible experience, but strenuous. Not only was the tunnel walk long, but there were places where you had to bend down for long periods, which may not be easy to do for some people taller than 5'10. There was also another building nearby where you can view North Korea through binoculars. Driving to the DMZ, you cannot take photos in some areas, according to our tour guide, so that's something to keep in mind. Included in our tour is a visit to the old train station that leads to North Korea. It was fairly cheap to gain access onto the platform. There was a section in the ticket counter where you may find a "stamp." I think this was meant to stamp tickets for travelers taking the train (at some point in the past). Some people in our group stamped their passports with it, and I'm not sure that was the intention of why that was there. It'd be good to know if those people had trouble with their passports after that.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank Darwin P
Reviewed 4 June 2019

I've been wanting to visit DMZ for awhile, and it finally happened! It was definitely a very unique experience that left me with mixed emotions. We first visited the Tunnel that was made by North Korean soldiers and it was so thrilling! P. S: Might be hard to pass for tall people (I'm 170 cm and I was bending most of the time) Afterwards, we went straight to the Observatory and You wouldn't believe what happened! Our tour guide took a photo of the North Korean base using close up, and We could see them straight back at us! It was definitely shocking and creepy :') Afterwards, we went to Dorasan station which is basically will be the first train station to North Korea in case of Unification. All in all, I definitely enjoyed my first trip to DMZ 🇰🇵

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank Ramenbowl_t
Reviewed 26 May 2019

You can't go to South Korea without paying a visit to the DMZ. But it was completely different from what I expected. I expected the see the JSA (those two blue buildings) but apparently that area is closed.

On the tour we went to an observatory, a tunnel, a village and a train station. You don't get a lot of time to look around at those places and there is no explanation whatsoever. The obersevatory is worth it, the train station is fun because you can take a picture of the sign of the train to Pyeongyang. I didn't understand why we stopped in that village and the tunnel is interesting, but it's definitely not worth going in that tunnel.

Date of experience: May 2019
2  Thank jolav12
Reviewed 15 May 2019 via mobile

I highly recommend Mr Chang’s Korean Wheelchair Tour to anyone who has mobility challenges and yet still wishes to visit DMZ.

Mr Chang has a lot of initiatives when it came to helping us to take photographs and also making sure that my aged father had regular visits to the washrooms. All the little things count a lot for us especially when we were in a foreign land and do not speak its native language.

He took care of my father in the wheelchair throughout the trip and that allowed us to also enjoy the sightseeing without having to worry too much about my father’s wellbeing.

A big thank you Mr Chang and his associate - David!

Date of experience: May 2019