“Rude!”

Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My friends and I were looking forward to go to the restaurant which we had placed a reservation on the night before. When we arrived the waiter recognised me but told me that she had given away our table because we didn't answer when she called us. I checked my phone and had no missed calls. I tried to reason with her since the party that had been given our table hadn't arrived. She screamed at me and walked away mid sentence. I spoke with her superior who treated me with the same disrespect. Half an hour later the party who got our table arrived and the restaurant was full. Since they didn't do anything to help we tried to find somewhere else to eat and luckily we did. I do not recommend this place if you would like to be treated with respect.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Zoleee

Courchevel, France
“Believe the hype- outstanding beef!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

After many recommendations we final came here to have the famous cote de bouef. Needless to say it was exceptional.
Great that the chef came to the table with the raw kilo and then slapped it on the fire right next to us.
I would say the sides are a little on the mean side for val, but the focus is rightly kept on the beef.
Good spot, decent service and great food.

• Visited March 2014
Tel Aviv, Israel
“very good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

high quality local food. The meat fondue is highly reccomended. Generally a plcae for meat lovers. Very small and a bit crowded, but with great atmosphere.

Visited April 2014
“Potato gratin - wow!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Be warned - the tables are very, very close to each other but the food is excellent. Found the staff to be very good & helpful too when ordering. Between us we had the snails, French onion soup, steak, king prawns & cote de boeuf which were all excellent. You can't miss the potato gratin - huge but very good. Would definitely return.

Visited April 2014
Brussels, Belgium
“Compact and Bijou!!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

One to try! We're there twice last week,very busy,booking essential. Two sittings,7.30 & 9.30 not great,but its so small and busy they have no choice. Everyone crowded in,dress code optional! btu it makes it a fun,if sometimes noisy place to be. The cote de boeuf is amazing,cooked on the open fire in the restaurant by the barman/ owner, it proves very popular. My wife twice had the tartiflette, potatoes,onions,in a creamy sauce with grated cheese over, that she loved. Nice wine selection, not so overpriced as some places in Val and the house white is crisp and dry, and comes highly recomended by my daughter!! End with Irish coffee, think there is some coffee in there on top of the whisky, but its well hidden by the fresh cream........

• Visited April 2014