Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Helen M

Perfect hotel for family skiing holiday

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Apr 2024via mobile
Fabulous location, with a view of the piste. Charming decor, comfy beds, good sized rooms with en suite. Cosy spaces to hang out to play games or enjoy afternoon tea. Food was all delicious. Good choice and healthy options. Staff all delightful. The spa was an additional treat with generous sauna and steam room plus a great pool. Warm and we could open the door onto our balcony. A very relaxing week, thank you.
Date of stay: April 2024
    £90
  • eDreams
0.8 miles from Hotel La Toviere
Pool
View more hotels in Val d'Isère
All reviews the bus guided ski beautiful bathroom wall hooks rain shower spa hotel afternoon tea boot dryers ski holiday superb hotel ski room end of the day every night neilson lift val gondola
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2024

Although not in the centre of Val d'Isere, skiing from La Daille is a great experience. If you want to go to Val d'Isere there is a regular free bus or it's about 15 minute walk. The funicular and gondola lifts are right opposite the hotel, and for those keen to experience apres ski, La Folie Douce is accessible via the gondola without needing to ski back :). We also went to CocoRico, just above the main lifts in Val d'Isere which was less Instagrammable, but much more fun and just a bus ride home almost door to door.

Neilson provided a great hotel experience via their professional team, many of whom go from Greece in the Summer to the Alps in the winter and are dedicated to providing an excellent holiday for their guests.

Hotel La Toviere is modern, but designed with traditional stone and timber aesthetics and has the facilities you come to expect in a quality hotel, like a basement spa (although the sauna was out of order). with treatment rooms. With only 26 rooms, you get to recognise other guests and share experiences over tea.

The breakfast was generous and varied, afternoon tea featured delicious cake and biscuits. Dinner had 3 choices for all courses, with additional vegan options for many dishes. You had to choose what you wanted at breakfast and book your dinner time to ensure that the kitchen and front of house team could work efficiently. The bar served a great range of drinks including specials on many days. Unlike a chalet holiday, the wine is not included.

NME (Neilson Mountain Experts) provided ski guiding every day, accompanied by a French Ski School instructor, to different levels of ability, which allowed exploration of the enormous ski area.

Our only negative was that the chosen ski hire partner shop was Intersport, which was in the centre of Val d'Isere rather than the Skimium shop located just 200m away, which would have been much more convenient on arrival and departure days.

Overall, a great holiday and one which we would rebook.

Room tip: Consider booking your ski hire with Skimium at La Daille if you want convenience.
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank madsw6
Reviewed 13 February 2024

very comfortable hotel,all staff very friendly and efficient.Food very good.Extremely convenient for ski lifts and bus stop.Hotel has been refurbished to a high standard.Bedrooms spacious.Bar and rest areas wellcoming and spacious.Ski guiding well worth joining and differant abilities on differant days.

Room tip: If you want to use ski guiding book early
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2024

My wife and I have just returned from Neilson's La Toviere and it was totally superb. All the Neilson staff and the two Neilson reps are really helpful and friendly.
The food was excellent with a varied menu offering three choices each day for dinner.
The hotel is in a great location with two lifts directly opposite.
We used the ski guiding three days and is a great way to get to know the mountain.
You’ll love it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2024

I have never travelled with Neilson and I am moments away from signing up for a ski trip with them next year. The pre holiday service was excellent, questions answered on line or by phone speedily and knowledgeably. The Jet 2 flight was on time, we arrived late afternoon. The luggage allowance for a charter flight was generous. The coach trip seemed to pass quickly and there was vin chaud followed by dinner on arrival. The Hotel is immaculately clean with very comfortable beds and lots of little corners and areas to hang out in. The staff could not be more helpful and engaging. The big bonus is the complimentary ski guiding by a qualified instructor from a local ski school....I chilled out for the morning whist my son skied with the group and picked me up at 12pm for a few runs before a late lunch! He was happy, I was happy! The Hotel is situated right opposite the funicular and the La Daille Telecabine. The food at the hotel is good, the wine list isn't extensive but it is fairly priced. The shuttle bus is efficient and you are in the centre of Val D'Isere in less than 10 minutes.
Only gripe....the spa and pool don't open until 2pm, I went with a plan to swim in the mornings whilst my son skied with the guide but that didn't work out. Great facial though. Top tip, look at the weather when you arrive and if there is a bad day coming up book a treatment in advance.
Neilson...thank you for one of our best ski holidays ever!

Room tip: Lunch at Equinox across the road is great also restaurant and bar Tontons in the shopping Centre above the Spar shop.
Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2024

I booked with Neilson’s ski holiday company, which I have previously done many times and stayed in their hotel La Toviere at Val d’ Isere. Everyone I encountered during my stay was so pleasant and helpful. Even the coach drive was really nice. The hotel was managed by an exceptionally talented young lady called Magalie Benevent. She was so nice and friendly and nothing was too much trouble for her and she had such a lovely smile. Neilson are very fortunate to have someone with her abilities to manage this excellent hotel. All the other staff at the hotel were equally pleasant and helpful, I particularly enjoyed chatting with Vilma every day, she too was so pleasant telling me all about Greece where she came from. I was fortunate because I had a suite which over looked the slopes, (see my balcony views attached here). This was very large with a bath & shower area, a big lounge and a separate bedroom and separate toilet area. The food/meals in the hotel were generally good. The breakfast had unlimited choice and in the afternoon there was cake and coffee is you wanted it. There was a three course meal every evening. The puddings were always great, I could have eaten them several times over. The starters were always nice, I did think that the main meals of which there were three options each day were quite similar to each other. For example if there was cheese used, then it would be in every option that evening. Also I think there was too much bread used. Each evening you received a basket of cobs, these were usually quite hard and bread would be used in the main meal every evening too, even if you had potatoes or chips. However, there were some lovely parts to the hotel, lots of little alcoves. When we arrived at the hotel on the first day we were greeting with a cup of hot chocolate. What a nice thought! The ski slopes covered a huge area and would accommodate all abilities and the Funicular train was also great. It went through the mountain and took you quite high up very quickly. I often stopped off on the mountain and had a nice hot chocolate and again this young French guy was so pleasant. After skiing I sometimes went into the town on the free bus service and again, without exception all the people in the shops were so pleasant. There was a really nice café which sold crepes and hot chocolate! Wonderful! The lady who served us was great too! Thank you Neilson for a wonderful ski trip. My only slight shock was the amount of tourist tax I had to pay the hotel at the end of the holiday. I thought I had paid for everything when I booked the trip? I had to pay € 70 which seemed a bit high for 1 weeks stay.
Thanks to Neilson for an amazing time and thank you Val d’Isere and Magalie too.
Ashley & Shun.

Room tip: Be prepared to pay the tourist tax at the end of your holiday.
Date of stay: January 2024