We stayed at Tsanteleina Hotel in early March 2012 and enjoyed a comfortable seven nights.
The hotel is centrally located in Val d'Isere and the bus stops right outside, before whisking you off to the lift stations for either Tignes or Solaise area. It is possible to ski back within about 50 metres of the hotel, however you do have to walk in ski boots and carry your skis.
The half baord option is good value and although not the best French half board we have experienced, it is more than adequate in terms of quality and amounts. I must say I thought the breakfast was superb; the usual buffet style, however you coud make toast and have bacon, scrambled egg and sausages for no extra charge. Even when we left at 0600 the night porter prepared hot tea and we were able to have cereals, fruit and toast.
Some of the staff are superb and cannot do enough for you, some are not so helpful, however the good ones make up for the not so good ones!
I used th Spar for a massage as I injured my back mid week and although the one hour treatment was £100, the treatmet was superb and I skied the rest of the week. The rest of the Spar pool etc was very nice indeed and is free.
Overall, if you want a quality hotel, good food and superb sking at a reasonable price, this is the place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LE TSANTELEINA, HOTEL & SPA Indulge yourselves in the heart of Val d'Isere! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Tsanteleina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tsanteleina Hotel Val d Isère
- Tsanteleina Hotel France/Savoie