Residence les chalets de solaise...where do I begin??! 4 stars??? I expect Stevie Wonder was on hand the day those were dished out. If I was offered a full refund today I would generously give the place 2 stars. Starting with the positives...a five minute walk from the bus to the gondola and good access to the to the town, which would be the case with most hotels on the main strip. The skiing itself is amazing.That is where is ends. This place is beyond disappointing. Having got there around 8pm, there was no receptionist..in fact we managed to see a receptionist once in the whole week. It took around 40 minutes to get out room key, which was in a coded safe in the lobby...did anyone give us the code?? Don't be stupid! It fell to us locating a kind French guest from a random room to make a phone call on our behalf to finally get the code for us. Now the FOUR person room....are you kidding me...three people would be a challenge...two semi comfortable but FOUR grown men!!!?! One 3/4 bed to share and two singles which almost equated to bunkbeds due to how close they were to each other. Storage space was at an absolute minimum and I simply just lived out of a bag the whole week. We had two tiny heaters to dry all our clothes and the 'ski boot dry room' consisted of a number of tiny wooden cupboards in a none heated room on the ground floor...if you like the smell of damp and musk, this is certainly the place for you. It was the end of the season but the place was as lively as a funeral. At no point was the lounge fire lit, the gym consisted of three pieces of old cardio equipment and the indoor pool is actually outdoors and was dated and just plain dirty. If you love the thought of a shiney new veruca and a spot of athletes foot, then I highly recommend these dire spa facilities. I was lucky to be given a single towel that last all week and which was able to walk itself to the laundry bin at the end of the week..just disgusting. We never had a maid alllllll week...health hazard!!!! There is a microwave grill with no English instructions, a hob which is conveniently next to the toilet for that added flavour and NO oven. The dishwasher is a nice touch though. The pool table comes equipped with no chalk and three oddly shaped splinter-ridden sticks they call cues..well worth the €2 per game :/ If I was homeless in Val d'lsere and close to hypothermia from the cold conditions, then I might just consider this place again..but whilst going to work and never skiing again is an option, be sure to give it a huge huge miss. Vile place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort at the heart of the Espace Killy Residence located at the heart of the resort. Comfortable ski apartments with access to the outdoor heated swimming pool and wellness area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Residence Les Chalets de Solaise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre And Vacances Residence Les Chalets De Solaise
- Pierre & Vacances Residence Les Chalets De Solaise Hotel
- Pierre & Vacances Residence Les Chalets De Solaise France/Savoie