Club Med Val d'Isere
Hotel Altitude(Val d'Isere)
Hotel Ormelune(Val d'Isere)
Hotel Avancher(Val d'Isere)
  • Restaurant
Hotel la Savoyarde(Val d'Isere)
Hotel Kandahar(Val d'Isere)
Tsanteleina Hotel(Val d'Isere)
Orbitz.com
Hotel Christiania(Val d'Isere)
1,126 results
All reviewsski instructorchef de villageski roomevening showscrazy signsrooms are smallski schoolall inclusive packageski hireski servicethe check in processreception teamski resortoystersexcellent skibig shoutearly departure
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We just had a week's family holiday here. Food was great, staff really friendly but the rooms were tragic. they are so small and out dated, its a real shame as this lets the place down.
Each night the buffet was great, the bar staff friendly. I'm undecided if I like staff dining with guests, but that's the Club Med way.
The reception staff lacked good english except for one and if she wasn't there we had problems. Our check out was a mess and they did not have a good hanlde on transportation needs.
Would I go back? Probably not.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank justcruizen
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This is a poor hotel by most people's standards.

Usually, when outside smoking, I would hear all the different nationalities complain.

The rooms aren't big enough to allow two people to get ready at the same time. There's no bath either, which is annoying when you pay $15k for two weeks of skiing! I would guess that the room is about 15m2 but it's also the decor.....it's shocking. We had a branch from a tree holding the light on the wall.

The reception, when I inquired whether I had actually been given the right room, said "if you don't like it, move to another hotel". That sums up the service.

The food was poor and at a peak time like Christmas and New Year, there are simple far too many people for the buffet. Queues are huge and food goes cold!

The spa was just as bad as the rest of the hotel. With no baths, people wanted to use the jacuzzi or hot tub but it was freezing cold. People couldn't even get in it.

The ski school was good though. The guys were helpful and patient with us all and helped us "escape" from such a grim experience.

Overall, I would really rate this as a 2 star hotel with 1 star service.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank MoscowJack
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Excellent location, staff, food outstanding. I carefully priced various options and although this was i reasonable amount more than soime options, with the food and all inclusive drinks it probablyworked out cheaper. Little touches as being seen off from the ski-in/out area by staff and likewise, being welcomed back with mulled wine, hot chocolate and cake. Simply excellent, fab, wonderful. The small negatives are;

Ski hire is a little pricy
Rooms smal but typical of French ski resorts

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Derek B
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I have returned from my ski trip to the Val d’Isere resort and wish to seek compensation for a very disappointing holiday with unacceptably low standards in many areas. We were a party of 9 and one of our party has put in a written complaint on behalf of us all in the resort
My serious complaints are as follows:
1. On transfer from the airport at Chambery it was clear that our coach driver was falling asleep at the wheel putting the whole coach party in serious danger. As a group we had to insist he pulled over at the nearest opportunity so that a new driver could be sent.Club Med when called suggested letting him sleep for a while before driving on!!!
2. On arrival at Club Med not one member of staff acknowledged that this was unacceptable or apologised on behalf of the company for the traumatic journey.
3. When shown to our adjacent rooms we could not believe the disgusting smell of smoke in the corridors and our rooms had an extremely strong odour of smoke throughout. The rooms themselves looked tired and worn with mould in the bathroom and very tatty and dirty shower curtains. The toilets were dirty and smelt due to the extractor fan not working. The toilets were stained and smelt continually of urine. These are flaws you would not find in a basic hotel such as a Travel Lodge or Premier Inn, much less a high end operation company.
4. When I went to reception to complain I was told initially there were no other rooms but finally was shown another with similar faults on a different floor away from the rest of my family. I asked several times about the no smoking policy and was told that customers are not allowed to smoke in the building. The whole building apart from the spa, dining room and ski room stank of smoke. Other areas of the hotel looked tired and worn with stains on the furniture and dirty communal toilets.
5.Our rep did phone us the week before we arrived but at no point despite the complaints made at reception did he seek us out to try to resolve our concerns and the situation. Customer service was inadequate and as a group we felt that we were not listened to.
6. My husband was promised a deep clean of the rooms which did not take place therefore we spent the entire week in rooms smelling strongly of smoke. Every day I mentioned it to the cleaners.
7. I booked this resort particularly for the spa and swimming pool facilities due to the fact that I have a medical condition so could not ski all day every day. The pool was empty on my first visit and I soon realised why, it was extremely cold! When asked I was given an explanation saying that the pool seemed cold due to the external temperature and the amount of glass on the building. If this was the case then the water needed to be heated more to make it comfortable. I did try it again with others of my party who also found it too cold to swim in. Indeed when we spoke to one of the staff they agreed it was too cold and they did not use it for this reason.
8. We chose the resort as it had a fitness suite; our son is running a marathon next weekend therefore this would enable him to train. On arrival he found the running machine to be broken and even though we reported it, the machine remained unfixed throughout the whole of our stay.
9. The quality of food was good not 'Gourmet' as advertised BUT regularly food was cold and when taken back we were told it could not be cold!

Twenty one years ago we travelled with Club Med to a ski resort and had an excellent holiday, we found ourselves in a position where we could again afford a luxury holiday skiing but unfortunately due to all the above that was definitely not the case. In fact we have experienced much better standards on school ski trips and budget holidays.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Sorel P
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Firstly, arriving at Grenoble airport is a complete disaster, Club Med, you need to look at going back to Genève as the preferred airport of choice! Grenoble is seriously congested and chaotic at security, limited facilities and a nightmare if you have young children - Very Stressful and the airport simply can't cope. Transfer was pleasant enough, with spare seating on the bus. Upon arrival, the GO's were excellent, you don't even have to handle your own luggage, just straight to the bar and restaurant to relax while the staff sort everything out. Accommodation - I agree with many other reviews, whereby the rooms are very small and tired, but must say very clean and comfortable. Catering - Although buffet style, not a lot of choice for main courses and hot food is usually not served hot and there should be more choices for kids, not just pasta and pizza! The bar area is spacious and can get busy, but we did notice a distinct bad ‘vomit’ odor, which didn't seem to improve throughout our stay? Also note that ski lessons for under 12's is not provided - This is a huge disappointment and will no doubt limit the number of families interested in staying here! Ski-in/Ski-out is very convenient, no issues. Lastly, on a positive note, Club Med GO’s are masters at evening entertainment and didn't disappoint (Well done!!).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family