Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
megansmumSingapore
Singapore
Best family and friends ski holiday ever!
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Jan 2016via mobile
I want to say a huge thank you to everyone at Club Med for a brilliant week. We were there over New Year and enjoyed all inclusive excellent meals, drinks, 2 skiing lessons a day from a superb instructor who took us to places we never thought we'd go, plus a wild New Years Eve Party complete with fireworks. A perfect place for a holiday with family and friends, there were 23 of us, where everyone could have fun (our age range was 8-56 years old) together. I really couldn't have hoped for anything more. Thank you.
Date of stay: January 2016Trip type: Travelled with friends
£271
    £271
Restaurant
Vue Montagne depuis les chambres et suites
£418
0.3 miles from Club Med Val d'Isère - French Alps
  • eDreams
0.6 miles from Club Med Val d'Isère - French Alps
Spa
Contact accommodation for availability.
1.4 miles from Club Med Val d'Isère - French Alps
  • ZenHotels.com
    £260
    £300
Restaurant
View more hotels in Val d'Isère
2,101 results
All reviews chef de village le refuge ski lessons ski room esf instructors ski service ski group ski holiday amazing team geneva airport great resort great week ski area group of friends end of the day cm snow
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2016

Visited the hotel with my wife and few friends.

I've gained 2 kilos while skiing most of the day so you can understand that the food was fantastic with variety of sea food, chicken, meat and salads.

Rooms are small and require some refresh but it's not critical since you spend more of your day skiing our lounging

Generally if would 4 star but the amazing team just compensates for the rest.. Kind, smiling, helpful and talented stuff!

Thanks to Amazing ADVA which was extra kind and helpful.

See you next year!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank 85sharonh
Reviewed 3 January 2016

Well after my awful revue of club med in Val Thorens last March we still decided to use Club Med because of all the great holidays we have had with club med in the past so we headed to Val d Isere for xmas week. Snow this year was poor, nothing to do with club med.
When we arrived at the village the Chief of the Village Marco was waiting by the door of the coach and greeted us each personally. He lead the welcome talk and suggested we head down to the restaurant straight away as our flight had been delayed. He promised to get our bags to our room ASAP. We went to find our room and to dump our coats and hand baggage. As we came out of our room our luggage arrived , and we headed down to the restaurant. Marco was standing at the door greeting guests, and asked if we found our rooms ok and then got a member of staff to find us a table for 4 .
Thru out the Holiday Marco was ever present, introducing shows, meeting customers returning from skiing, and he would carry out inspections of areas with his managers in tow, keeping them on their toes.
This resulted in a very efficient hotel, and a very good holiday, what we expect from club med.
Down side. bed rooms are small, but this was a hotel club med acquired rather than built, and we all know how the french shoe horned us into space in their purpose built resorts.
communal areas are great, the bar is cosy, dinning room great, food good, ski in ski out good, locker room is ample but could do with some coat hooks to hang up jackets when booting up.
Our ski Instructor Suzanne Lemelin was fantastic and turned what could have been a dreadful week in to a superb week.
and at the end of a great holiday Marco got on the bus and thanked us for coming and hoped we had a great holiday.
Great staff, lead from the top.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 31 December 2015

Friendly efficient staff. Room was quite small but always cleaned superbly. There was so much space around the rest of the resort that there was no need to spend time in your room even if you wanted quite time. Food was excellent. Ski lessons excellent. Location excellent. Bar included enough that there was no need to pay for anything. Would highly recommend the club med formula. We will be booking again next year.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Club Med
2  Thank Jon S
Reviewed 29 December 2015

Recently returned from this resort and hotel. We travelled as a group of different ages and most are experienced skiers and have stayed in many different types of resorts and types of accommodation. Firstly, the hotel: its location is superb, next to a run that takes you into the village itself (the village is about 15 minutes' walk away) and straight to the main lifts. Some of the decor is showing its age, but this really is nit-picking, as it always appeared very clean and tidy. The hotel has an excellent swimming pool, sauna area, lounge and bar area. The locker room is fine and straight out onto the piste. The bedrooms are not very spacious, but are adequate – you are on a skiing holiday, you should not be staying in your room. They were always kept very clean and tidy with plenty of hot water, clean towels and tea-making facilities.
Secondly, the staff: absolutely brilliant. From first arriving (late, due to aircraft delay), we were greeted by a very organised and smiling receptionist who took care of everything from luggage transportation to sorting out a late meal in the restaurant. During the whole of our stay we were only ever met with smiles, freely-given information and assistance. This is the only accommodation I have ever stayed in where the staff were up at 5.00am to load our luggage and line the drive to wave us bon voyage.
Thirdly, the food: we were a bit nervous about an 'all inclusive' buffet service, as we have had bad experiences in the past. The food was excellent, every day first-class choices to suit all palates. The house wine was okay, with a greater paid-for choice available if required. The presentation of the food was really good with chefs always in attendance. We were met with a warm greeting at the door of the restaurant every mealtime and on our exit. The staff were always helpful and efficient during our meal.
Lastly, the skiing: it's Val d'Isere, you cannot go far wrong here – from total beginners to very advanced.
Overall a great value-for-money skiing holiday – we'll all be back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Robertybob60
Reviewed 29 December 2015

A repeat visit to this Club Med, we visited for Christmas week about six years ago. This time, also at Christmas, we were a skier and non-skier. I booked a south-facing 4* room so that we had a little more space and a view and as I would be potentially spending more time in it, as the non-skier.
The online booking process, the flight on Titan Airways to Chambery, and the coach transfer to the resort were all copacetic (there was a delay at take off due to fog at Chambery, so we sat on the plane at Gatwick for a couple of hours, which I slept through. The stewardesses were great and dished out hot drinks as requested during the wait).
We were warmly met on arrival and the check in process was very smooth with envelopes being handed out in the theatre along with a welcome drink.
The room - 370 - was situated on the third floor in a corridor cul-de-sac. It had a little balcony without any furniture facing a mountain view, and a second small window over the main terrace. It had a very narrow walk space between the wardrobe and doors to the loo and shower room - not enough room for two manoeuvre at the same time. There was a table with a kettle, a few tea bags and coffee sachets and disposable cups, two small chairs and an old cupboard in one corner that once housed a fridge. The shower room was big enough for one, with the bare minimum of toiletries and towels with a hairdryer attached to the wall that cut out regularly. All together, pretty basic and well worn, more like a 3 or 2 star hotel room than 4 star.
We had line of room service carts and cleaning materials parked outside our room at length, twice a day - not to service our room, but for the 5* area down the hallway! We would have to wait until mid afternoon for service, once a day. It's all very well to have a luxury area in the same hotel, but it's not on for it to be an inconvenience to us!
On to more fun things: skier husband had a great week with instructor Tomtom and his group of 2a skiers who were all great company. I went on the organised group walks with Lou each morning into the valleys either directly along from the hotel or via bus to Le Fornet - all fun, quite challenging and really rewarding. I had all the fun of being in the mountains without the skis! Thank you Lou!
Husband and I would meet for lunch each day then husband would go out skiing again and I'd sunbathe on the terrace until the sun went behind the mountain at 2.45. Then take the cable car up the Solaise for the last of the sun on the mountain, or go for a swim/sauna or use the gym, or go for a walk to the village... there's lots for non skiers to do, too.
The food was very good all week. There were a few hiccups such as porridge running out in the morning much to skier husband's displeasure - it turns out he spoke up for many, as we found out when he was addressed on a shuttle bus as, 'you're the porridge guy!' Being greeted off the slopes on Christmas Day with a buffet that included freshly shucked oysters was a treat - sadly one of the half dozen I scoffed was dodgy and I was pretty green the next day, but it happens, no fault of the Club.
The Moroccan lunch was superb. The cheese man was a philosopher, the pastry chefs produced wonderful creations each day. The chefs, who booth cook and serve, were were all wonderful.
I don't remember there being such a push on paid-for alcohol on previous visits to Club Med? We were asked to book a table and to order any speciality drinks for Christmas Eve, the big festivity night, which I did, ordering a half bottle of champagne. The next day a note appeared in the room asking me to pay for the wine I'd 'rented'. So I went to reception and paid the €45 bill with my credit card. At the same time, I asked for a Club Med charge card which opens a tab, in case we wanted any further add-ons during our stay. On Christmas Eve, the wine was waiting for us on the table in an ice bucket. The bar tender came over and told me it hadn't been paid for. I explained, in English and French, that I had paid by card, that he could ask at reception. He went off and said nothing more. I asked him if all was well, and he gave me a wave rather dismissively, yes, all was fine.
It turned out he'd charged the same bottle to the Club Med card. As it was put on the tab on a different day, it looked like we'd had two bottles. Sorting out the mess took three visits to reception over two days, explaining the whole thing over again each time as the reception manager wasn't available to authorise the repayment. Truly, a pain - and for a €45 overcharge?
However, Rosie, the receptionist, was a star all week: she helped me to send an urgent business document, she found my missing gloves and hat, she organised a massage for my husband at the spa, and was generally very jolly and efficient.
On the flip side, the departure process was chaotic. Your check out times etc are posted in reception (but no one tells you that). You're given a room check out time, a time to leave your bags in reception, time to eat and the coach departure time. We left the luggage in reception and went to have lunch. On our return, it had disappeared from where we'd left it under our allotted departure sign and no one knew what had happened to it. The sign had been moved. Had they been put on to the right coach or were they still in the hotel? We searched and found one piece was in the pile for taxi departures, the others in an unmarked cluster. Other departing guests were similarly fed up with the lack of coordination.
We boarded the coach back to Chambery and snoozed in the sunshine.
It's easy to pick holes in an all-inclusive holiday - the pluses outweigh the minuses by far. The GO team are all exceptionally friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere is jolly, the other guests were great. I'd recommend it and I'd go again when I'm on skis once more.

Room tip: Third floor, if you're going to spend any time in the room beyond dressing and sleeping, upgrade
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple