“Good but breakfast to be improved”

Best Western Clos Syrah
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Valence
Italy
“Good but breakfast to be improved”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

One night stay for business reasons.
Very good location close to highway but in a secluded place with many rooms overlooking the internal garden with pool.
Very warm and efficient welcome, in general serice is really kind and supportive at reception and restaurant.
Nice, clean room with everything in good shape.
Only drawback, breakfast selection has to be improved to be in line with the rest of the services provided.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Neuchatel, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Spent a night here with my wife and enjoyed the personal service. Rooms are of good quality with beautiful (completely new) bathrooms. Very convenient to the highway - easy "off and on" when traveling. The breakfast is OK but could be a bit more generous... The owner of the hotel took a particular interest to ensure that everything was perfect - always a nice touch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing "in" towards the pool - it will have less road noise...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Neuchatel_traveller
Winchester
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We were in a ground floor room with terrace overlooking the pleasant garden and pool. There is plenty of offroad secure parking. It is very near the autoroute so if the door is open you can hear the traffic in the distance. The bed was comfortable and bathroom fine. However what made this a worthwhile stay was the excellent food at very reasonable prices. The most expensive menu was the gourmet menu for 32 euros. The fillet steak was perfectly cooked with a fresh pepper sauce around it rather than smothering it. I had beautifully griddled scallops. The breakfast was a buffet breakfast and included boiled eggs and lovely pastries. The only downside was the coffee at breakfast which you helped yourself to from a machine-it was not worth drinking! The coffee at dinner was clearly made elsewhere and was delicious. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Surrey
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We stayed at Clos Syrah on our way back from the Cote D'Azur just for an overnight stop. I had my reservations as I don't like mid to low level chain hotels, and normally I'd rather avoid them like measles, however I read some really good reviews and decided to trust Trip, its never let me down yet! Oh thank God I did! We had spent 5 days in Antibes in a self catering house in the old town, and what I can only describe as a camping experience with a roof and brick walls. To say the place was basic and not very clean was an understatement. So when we arrived at Clos, to a clean, large room with our own terrace overlooking a garden, clean white cotton bedding and towels, I was so relieved. After my Antibes experience it was pure luxury. We arrived late, but the duty manager (I'm guessing as he was so good) arranged to have two plates of food done for us despite the kitchen being closed, a gorgeous platter with all sorts of tasty morsals on it with lovely bread, and some wine, that we relished. It really was lovely. I learnt the next day from the charming young man on reception that they called it an 'English platter'. How lovely! The customer service was excellent. We had the best nights sleep. Breakfast was lovely the next morning, which comprised of a buffet, one of the nicest breakfasts we have had since we have been in France, and we have paid extortionate amounts for a pathetic continental in many places. The hotel has free wifi so I was able to catch up with business emails prior to our departure for the next leg of our journey back to Calais. My one criticism was of the shower, which I had to hold by hand to wash my hair and shower with, as the wall bracket didn't accommodate the attachment well, sprouting water everywhere but at me. But to be honest everything else was so good that that was a small issue. The room was spotless too, I have seen other reviews that state otherwise just before I began this review of my stay, but I cannot fault the cleanliness.

We were travelling with my elderly mum, and my pooch. My mum was so relieved to stay somewhere nice after the Anitbes experience, and the hotel was very accommodating with Henry who was allowed in the restaurant both in the evening and for breakfast, and we were not charged for him either, another rare experience, as most places add on another charge for the privilege.

I'm giving this an excellent rating based on the customer service. The rooms are not glamorous 5* luxury, they are executive and comfortable and provide a nice stopover, but the hotel was managed brilliantly and the the staff were outstanding. If the owner of this establishment reads this I would just like to say that you're team are excellent and do you proud.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank woodpa
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 11 August 2012

The room are good size and recently renovated. The television is good and has lots of channels. The air conditioning works well. The breakfast consists of a huge and satisfying buffet. The big disadvantage of the hotel is the lack of cleanliness: The toilet was dirty, there were plenty of hairs in the shower. It is so disgusting that you don’t want to take a shower. My advice: I you look for a clean hotel, stay away.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
14 Thank travellerparis11
yves r, General Manager at Best Western Clos Syrah, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I thank you for taking the time to share the experience you have had at Best Western Clos Syrah during your last stay.

We pride ourselves in offering a high level of service. I am very disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay.

I appreciate your sharing your concerns and it is my hope you will give the opportunity to better serve you in the near future and to offer you our undivided attention.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again at Best Western Clos Syrah.

With my best regards,

Yves Ruspeler,
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Visited this hotel in July 2012 for business trip
The room i stayed in was clean, and the hotel has a nice Resturant with reasonable food.

There is no bar fridge in the room , and the location is not really accessible to a supermarket nearby.

The staff are friendly and they speak English for foreigners.

The plus point is the hotel is not far from the city and TGV train station, provided if u drive

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
West Yorkshire
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed here on our way back from a weekend in Cannes and Monaco and it offered everything we wanted and more.
The hotel was ideally located; just far enough out of the centre without been too far out. The rooms were nicely decorated and clean. The bathroom was a little dated but as it was clean and functional it was not a problem.
The staff were polite, efficient and very helpful. We ate in the restaurant and the quality of the food was amazing.
There is also a great outdoor pool.
A great place to stay with really nice staff

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple