“beautiful grounds”

Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Baden-Baden
Indianapolis
“beautiful grounds”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Brenner's Park-Hotel is in the tradition of the old grand hotels, with all the modern updates.
the staff is very friendly and helpful - instead of telling you where the dining room is, for example, they will take you.

Our room was very spacious and overlooked the park. The hotel is in easy walking distance to the center of town and to the Casino. we ate in the hotel, but also at near-by restaurants, all which were excellent.

Besides the casino (Kurhaus) there are many other attractions in Baden Baden: Museums, theatre. walks and trips in the Black Forrest.
The Lichtenthaler Allee is beautiful, and has many benches to rest along ones stroll.

One caveat: the hotel, as well as the restaurants at which we ate were all very expensive, though worth it.

Room Tip: If budget permits, by all means have a room facing the hotel's park
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IndyMarion
FrankMarrenbach, Geschäftsführer at Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment about your experience at the Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your room, our exquisite location on the Lichtentaler Allee and the staff of the hotel. It was a great pleasure for me to forward your compliments to our employees. Please be assured that they all enjoyed hearing how satisfied you were during your stay.

It would be my pleasure to welcoming you back again soon.

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Hotel is a beautiful property in a great location. However the service did not meet expectations as you would expect from a 5 star property. Check in staf said they would get us when room was ready and 3 hours later had 'forgotten us' also asked concierge for help with dinner reservations and he said it is not possible to do on such short notice - isn't that his job?? stay there, but be forewarned that service needs serious improvements.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank La_Sim0na
FrankMarrenbach, Geschäftsführer at Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

First of all, I sincerely hope that you are doing fine. Today, I would like to sincerely thank you for your feedback which reached us via TripAdvisor.

Please rest assured that your guests’ feedback is of highest importance to us. It measures our quality and shows us ways how to improve our service excellence. Please allow me to go into your remarks in detail.

As already discussed during your stay with us in August 2013 with Mr. Keller and myself, I would like to deeply apologize for the inconveniences you had to experience upon arrival at Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa. Of course, you should be expecting a room according to your preferences and your expectations. And at all times all guests should have the feeling that all information sent to us prior to their arrival are well noted and taken into consideration when it comes to the allocation of rooms and the arrival time.

I would like to express my deep regret that we were not able to convince you of our service excellence and I sincerely hope for your acceptance of my apologies. Furthermore, I hope that the occurred incidents did not characterize your whole stay with us. I would be delighted to welcome you again at Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa in the near future and I remain at your personal assistance for any future bookings.

Wishing you all the best, I remain

Yours most sincerely
Stephan Bösch, Hotel Manager
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The location of the hotel is great, pool with the view on the garden is really amazing!
The breakfast is excellent and the staff are very polite and professional.
The room is spacious and quiet with big balcony and great view to alley.
Definitely it's place where I want to come back

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Irina S
FrankMarrenbach, Geschäftsführer at Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a kind comment.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your room as well as the proximity and the view of the Lichtentaler Allee. Please be assured that we have passed on your very kind words to our team who made this exceptional experience possible.

I look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Everything went smoothly. The staff is extremely professional. Showed to our room on 5/f which was well appointed. As hotel is old it could upgrade the bathrooms to have separate shower. There is welcome fruit and water in the room. We decide to extend our stay and they required us to change room. Unfortunately the next room was not as good as the one we were in and the rate was higher. I let the staff know this and they sorted the problem as best they could. But sleep quality in new room was not good. The duvet was so warm. Only 1 basin in bathroom, no bidet
The hotel pool/spa/gym is one of the best if not BEST I have been in Europe. Clean and well kept. Gym/pool opens onto the gardens.... lovely.
The food in the hotel was excellent - Winter Garden Restaurant - perfect - again the staff ... so efficient and really caring!!
Free wifi.
But to stay here do not look for a bargain... you pay, but they deliver.
B/fast is lovely, but at 34euros per person it should be!
I cannot praise the staff from concierge, reception, housekeeping enough.
Nice break!!!!! Tks!!!!!
We will return :)

Room Tip: Difficult as I think there are many diff room types. We had room on 5/f. I like it, my partner did...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

I sincerely hope you had a comfortable journey back home and still keep some good memories of your stay in Baden-Baden.

Be sure that we have taken into account all your remarks which are very useful for us in order to improve even more our services and hospitality. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the incidents mentioned.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our spa area and the Brenners restaurants. Be assured that I will share your very positive comments about our staff with all employees of the hotel.

Thank you once more for sharing your impressions and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

London
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Whilst the prices here are certainly high, the Brenners Park was absolutely faultless in every respect and so it is therefore actually very fair value.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff (who always seemed to be smiling quite genuinely!).

We had dinner in the restaurant which was quite superb - well worth the one Michelin star. It was particularly nice that the Chef came to talk to us in the bar after dinner - but this was so typical of all the people there.

The range and quality of the breakfast was amongst the best and, again, the staff were only too happy to quickly prepare a table for us to eat outside even though it had only just recently rained - nothing was too much trouble

We were sorry that we could only stay the one night but we will definitely make plans to return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martinherts
FrankMarrenbach, Geschäftsführer at Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely comment about your experience at the Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa.

I am delighted to read that you had a memorable time. Recognition is very important to us and I am pleased to see that we met your expectation on that manner. It was a great pleasure for me to forward your compliments to our employees. Please be assured that they all enjoyed hearing how satisfied you were during your stay.

Paris, France
Reviewed 5 October 2013

The location of the hotel, with its amenities (pool, spa) were the first criteria of choice, with of course the reputation of the hotel. The location is effectively magic. Regarding the hotel, on to of the hotel itself - perfect - the staff, from the front desk to the housemaids, is professional, efficient, kind, extremely caring and adjust to every type of client and add the "plus" to this place.
The room was spacious, quiet and well equipped (as expected in this category). The mood is elegant without being too formal. The food, breakfast and veranda is excellent (we did not try the restaurant) as well as the bar. The cigar lounge provides a large choice of brands and types. The pool is great with an amazing view on the garden and a charming place to rest.
So, what hurts? The price of course : this hotel deserves its level of charge, by far and strongly encourage the ones who intend some self indulgence in Baden Baden to go for it.

Room Tip: My room was with view on the Park and was very comfortable ands "good value for the money"...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank FranckH-Paris
FrankMarrenbach, Geschäftsführer at Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your room, our exquisite location on the Lichtentaler Allee and the staff of the hotel. The feedback of our guests is very important for us. It measures our quality and it shows us ways to improve the quality of our service.

England
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Last week my husband and I spent five days in this hotel that now ranks among our top-top-top favourite hotels in the world.

Welcome
We arrived from the Karlsruhe-Baden Baden airport, a little jewel we recommend over any other airports, for his strategic location and its small size, which made things extremely easy for us. Brenner’s Park Hotel & SPA is itself located in the best part of town, overlooking the wonderful Lichtentaler Allee and close to everything else in town. The first face we saw after the porter was that of the hotel manager, one of the friendliest and most competent people we’d ever met. He welcomed us very warmly and showed us around the hotel as it was our first (but DEFINITELY NOT LAST) time there.
The receptionists and concierges were also very nice to us and immediately activated themselves to make the first arrangements for the initial part of our holiday. We felt instantly at home and had the feeling we were in safe hands, which I always greatly appreciate, especially when I arrive at a new hotel.

Accommodation
We had a magnificent Superior room overlooking the park, which had all we could dream of: warm and elegant atmosphere, traditional and refined taste in furniture and colours, dreamy view, vast marble bathroom (with two basins, separate toilet and shower, big mirrors, wired wireless to listen to music if desired, professional hairdryer, lovely fluffy towels, bathrobes, slippers etc., and high quality products), a lot of space for clothes, and a safe that even contained a velvet jewellery tray. We found plenty of complimentary bottles of water and fresh fruit that, unlike in the majority of hotels, was replaced every day. Both room and bathroom were very warm.

Staff
As I’ve already mentioned, receptionists, concierges, porters, bell boys - efficient and available to meet any need or realize or anticipate any wish. Concert tickets materialised in our room after giving virtually no notice; special restaurant difficult bookings were also arranged smoothly in a mysterious way; itineraries were suggested and organised very easily too.
I’ve never seen any room service staff being so efficient and so invisible. I never saw a trolley in the corridor or anyone knocking on our door or still cleaning when we came back to our room. Fairy tale hands doing a great job. We always found the room somehow tidier than when we had left it - and we are not untidy people!
The restaurant staff was excellent too, efficient and very pleasant, mostly German but generally grasping our sense of humour anyway. Nobody ever looked down to avoid making eye contact. No requests were beyond them. No changes to the food were too much for them.

Public areas and restaurants
The old-style, sophisticated and traditional, yet fresh, atmosphere of this perfectly well-kept hotel immediately appealed to us. Also, this is one of those few hotels that even when fully booked do not look or feel crowded, neither in the corridors nor in the halls or lounges. We loved that.
Even though our room was exceptionally comfortable, we always liked to sit in the hotel lounge. The Kaminhalle had very comfortable sofas, chairs and armchairs (not crammed at all, unlike what the web picture might suggest), warm light, a lovely cosy atmosphere and invited us to relax and enjoy a quiet time in luxury (but welcoming and by no means over-the-top) surroundings. It was a pleasure to have tea or just a rest after our outings. By the way, while we were told somewhat apologetically that Germany is more coffee- than tea-oriented, I did spot on a lovely guéridon a few very appealing tea caddies with Mariage Frères loose leaf tea - that is our favourite and almost exclusive brand of tea, which we specially request from Paris -. We ended up having a tea tasting and tried some new types with a slice of (unmissable) cake. An excellent pianist was always present to add a touch of musical magic.
The Oleander bar is the natural extension of the lounge. We didn’t sit there, but had some special drinks recommended and brought over by the head waiter. We don’t generally drink much, but during this holiday we made exceptions and the quality of the drinks was excellent, it didn’t cause us to have any headaches.
The Wintergarten was a lovely restaurant where we had lunch and dinner. The conservatory-like ambience was airy and very pleasant and made us feel relaxed; we enjoyed exquisite food that would have been attuned to a much more formal restaurant. By the way, the general trend of people in this part of Germany, we noticed, was to dress rather smartly in restaurants and places such as the theatre, which we liked.

On one occasion we tried the hotel restaurant Rive Gauche, located five minutes across the park. We appreciated the inventiveness and variety of the dishes, the interesting modern atmosphere, and, once again, the extremely welcome, smiling and helpful staff.

The breakfast room (three rooms with different colours and types of furnishings, in fact) was a delight, in terms of both atmosphere and choice of food. I completely fail to understand how certain reviewers could say that “breakfast could be better”. Anything imaginable was available or could be ordered. Prices were also extremely reasonable for a hotel of this quality. The buffet was very well organised. Next to the counter and trolleys where the chefs cooked fresh eggs and pancakes there were a number of other counters displaying all sorts of fresh ingredients, including lots of types of home-made jams and fresh fruit juices (I liked the “juice of happy non-sprayed apples”, the pineapple juice and the kiwi juice in particular), numerous varieties of honey including a huge honeycomb crate that one could take honey from directly, charcuterie, fresh fruit, cheese, and on and on. There were various pastries, boards to slice a great number of bread loaves, and above them (at eye-level, so maybe those reviewers I mentioned only looked down at the table and didn’t see them) basket after basket of croissants, rolls, pretzels and more. A long list of delicacies was available to order from the menu at the table. Again, the staff was very good and beyond polite.

I left the Park Restaurant last as this was really truly memorable. It is due for a review in October or November and I do hope it will be given the award and ranking it deserves. The website doesn’t do it ANY justice. The atmosphere was very elegant and sophisticated, the maître d’ and the other staff were smiling, very polite, warm but at the same time extremely professional and attentive to our needs. The sommelier was exceptional, but so were his colleagues. All of them. They made sure we had a fantastic experience. And the chef! I had to call him out of the kitchen to congratulate him personally. Every dish was a delicious and wonderful masterpiece, including the little touches like the amuse-bouches, mises-en-bouche, pre-desserts, after-desserts and on and on. Service was fabulous, food unbelievable, and the wines unbelievable. It does take quite a lot to impress me this much. By the way, I had venison as a main course and I must admit that it rivalled the one I had had at Villa La Massa (see separate review) - it certainly surpassed it for its presentation. Stratospheric level. In fact, even the three-Michelin star restaurant we tried on the following day was not superior to it. Definitely one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. No wonder it is always busy. No sympathy for the reviewer who was outraged she couldn’t eat there because it was full - we were advised to book this restaurant, together with our SPA appointments, well before arriving due to its popularity, which we happily did. Easy way of avoiding disappointments.

SPA and fitness
The Spa facilities were spotless, well lit and very comfortable, from the changing rooms to the relaxation lounge. We treated ourselves to some massages, which were carried out by very professional therapists and were well worth the money. The swimming pool was lovely and the fitness room had all the necessary equipment. There was also a small studio, which I used to do some Latin dance training (I didn’t dare use the real ballrooms for ballroom training - they were for banquets and meetings, but I did see them: how beautiful!)

All of the above naturally leads to the obvious conclusion - we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we are looking forward to going back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank crispypina
FrankMarrenbach, Geschäftsführer at Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

I sincerely hope you had a comfortable journey back home and still keep the good memories of your stay in Baden-Baden.

Today, I would like to thank you for the delightful comments you found for our hotel and our employees. The feedback of our guests is very important for us. It measures our quality and it shows us ways to improve the level of our service.

That you instantly felt at home and felt safe after arriving is what we intend to achieve with our daily work and gives us great pleasure. I am also very happy that our employees were ‘so invisible’ and at the same time were capable to have met any of your needs and wishes. And the fact that you had the possibility to experience your favorite tea Mariage Frères in the Brenners Kaminhalle brings utmost pleasure to me.

Last but not least, I would like to especially thank you for the lovely words with regard to the Brenners Park-Restaurant. I am very glad to see that you enjoyed the food, the service and our wines and that ‘every dish was a delicious and wonderful masterpiece’.

I am always glad to read such positive feedback and it was a great pleasure for me to forward your generous compliments to our employees. Please be assured that they all enjoyed hearing how satisfied you were during your stay.

I would be very delighted to welcome you back again in the near future.

With best regards,
Frank Marrenbach, Managing Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baden-Baden
Leonardo Royal Hotel Baden-Baden
#1 of 5 in Bad Teinach-Zavelstein
Heliopark Bad Hotel zum Hirsch
Heliopark Bad Hotel zum Hirsch
#12 of 50 in Baden-Baden

Been to Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!