“Baden-Baden general review”

49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Baden-Baden general review”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

My wife and I vacationed in Baden-Baden for several days. I highly recommend the overall experience. In general there are kind of two modes in Baden-Baden. One is what I would call strolling in teh pedestrian zone, which pracitcally everywhere in the city center, dressed up a little bit (my preference). In this mode you just enjoy people watching, sidewalk cafes, and sight-seeing like the Kur Haus, strolling along Lichtentaller Allee and the like. The other mode is a little more casual and dressed for activity like hiking up to Alte Schloss. We did this and it is a nice little hike and wonder views and photo opportunities when you are in and on top of the castle. Bike riding is also fun, casual and inexpensive. The city museum is very cool. We like history and old churches so the Russian Orthodox church and the abby church at the end of Lichtentaller Allee were very special places. We made a long list of things we thought we would like to do while in B-B and we got about 1/3 of teh way through out list. Friedrichsbad is fantastic and we will go back particularly for this reason.

The folks at the tourist office are very friendly and helpful. I recommend making that your first stop if you new to Baden-Baden and they speak English very well.

Visited September 2011