Dorint Maison Messmer
US$186
US$181
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Baden-Baden(Baden-Baden)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$232
US$225
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Leonardo Royal Hotel Baden-Baden(Baden-Baden)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$93
Hotel Quellenhof(Baden-Baden)(Great Value!)
US$92
  • Restaurant
Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa(Baden-Baden)
US$594
US$412
  • Pool
All reviewsfamous casinoluxurious hotelsteam bathsmall poolchristmas marketexcellent hotelfive star hotelwalking distanceunderground parkingrecommend this hotelper nightthe location is perfectbreakfast was deliciousrestaurants and shopssuperior roomrooms are spaciousnice stay
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have two totally different complaints about this hotel.

Firstly we found that the room, although large and well furnished, had a particularly poor layout. For instance the small wardrobe was a considerable distance from the bed with a desk in between, yet the bathroom door was next to one side of the bed with doors that opened outwards. Therefore I had to be careful when I left the bathroom that I didn't bang the door into my wife. There were several other examples of poor planning that made the room difficult to live in.

The other problem was with the service we received from one of the receptionists. We were told that his name was Benker. I told him that I had lost my ticket for the car park and asked for assistance. He told me that I should go to whichever car park entrance my car had entered through, which I didn't know because it had been valet parked. Then I should tell the car park attendant, who presumably spoke good English, the exact time that someone else had driven my car into his car park. He would then have to check his CCTV recordings to check that the time was correct so that I could pay for parking and get my car out, if I could find it.

This sounded like absolute rubbish, so I decided to wait until another receptionist was on duty. The next receptionist was a young lady who simply asked for my car keys, and in less than ten minutes a concierge drove my car up to the front of the hotel.

I have no idea why the first receptionist chose to be so totally unhelpful and unreasonable to us, but his behaviour left us with a very bad impression of this hotel despite the help we received from other members of staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John A
Elena H, Manager at Dorint Maison Messmer, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear “John A”,

I can clearly see that you are very upset (which is the last thing I would wish for any guest)
and that it has resulted in your writing this very emotionally-loaded review. I would like to extend my sincerest apology
for any inconvenience during your previous stay in our hotel.

There is not much I can, or would wish to say at this point, however, I know that we have tried to contact you and my hope continues that we can liaise direct.
My e-mail address is elena.hanusch@dorint.com

With all good wishes,

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We were absolutely shocked when my daughter's lost jacket was located and sent back to the US along with a thoughtful gift from their spa.
During our 10 day stay everything was absolutely perfect.

If you visit the spa for a massage ask for Kim!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank ylevin
Elena H, Manager at Dorint Maison Messmer, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Mrs Levin,

It was a great pleasure to welcome you and your family with us.
We truly hope you had an pleasant journey back home.

It was lovely to read such a great comment about your previous stay.
Your amazing review means a great deal to all the team – thank you so much!

We hope your travels brings you back to the Dorint Maison Messmer soon,

With kind regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed 4 nights at the Dorint Hotel with a group of classical music lovers attending the Easter Festival in Baden Baden. The hotel is within walking distance of all of the musical venues, including the Festspielhaus, Casino, Kurhaus, Stiftskirche, as well as many fine dining choices.
The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Service was efficient and gracious. Breakfast was generous in variety and quality.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Elena H, Manager at Dorint Maison Messmer, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear guest,

thank you so much for your stay at the Dorint Maison Messmer Baden-Baden.
It was with great pleasure for the team and myself to welcome you with us.

I hope you will be able to make another trip to Baden-Baden in the not too distant future and that
we can look forward to welcoming you back with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in the meantime for any further queries.

With all good wishes,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Excellent location, rooms well equipped, staff very friendly. Breakfast buffet amazing. Location great within walking distance to the pedestrian zone. Jogging along the river Oos is so amazing. Lichtensteiner Allee is beautifull and so near by. Internet connection is slow and in some rooms even not possible, which does not fit to the overall very good hotel. One additional note: I never had better cushions in a bed than in this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Elena H, Manager at Dorint Maison Messmer, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review but I was sorry to learn that your Wlan was not working as expected. Please rest assured that our engineers are working on this problem and I truly hope that they can resolve the issue as soon as possible.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back soon.

With our good withes,

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I just left the Dorint Hotel after a 4night stay over xmas.

LOCATION: absolutely perfect. 10 meters away from the Christmas market and 3 minutes walk from the very center (shops and restaurants).

SERVICE: Helena and Martin are real pros, but the rest definitely need some more training (they forgot to pick us up at the airport and didn't really apologize for it) - Helena more than made up for this mistake though :)

SPA: BEAUTIFUL, but ended up not being able to use it as the swimming pool is cold and steam bath was broken. do know that sauna is naked (and small!)

COSTS: the place is expensive and you pay for every single thing: BREAKFAST (€24 per person per day! it is delicious - best one ever! - but still I find it outrageous); INTERNET (€10 per day per device! - but I think they are changing it to free); PICK UP service (€38.50); MINIBAR (a bottle of 0,33cl is €4!).

overall the place is for rich people, but IT IS BEAUTIFUL (at its best around Xmas time). EVERY DETAIL is well thought and put (artwork, candles, light)

want to go back, but maybe with some special offer! ;)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pollytrip
Elena H, Manager at Dorint Maison Messmer, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear guest,

It was a great pleasure to welcome you over Christmas at the Dorint Maison Messmer in Baden-Baden. We truly hope you spend some wonderful days in Strasbourg and had a pleasant journey back home.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for you comment on Tripadvisor.
Please rest assured that we are taking each comment from our guest seriously. Our goal is to improve the level of service every day. Furthermore I am delighted to announce that our hotel is offering free internet access for all our hotel guest since January 2014.

I would be delighted to welcome you back with us and I am pretty sure that we will find a nice arrangement for you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further queries at any time.

With kind regards,