Hotel Am Friedrichsbad mit Prager Stuben
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Magnetberg Hotel(Baden-Baden)
US$142
US$133
US$197
US$125
  • Breakfast included
Leonardo Royal Hotel Baden-Baden(Baden-Baden)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$398
US$340
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I stayed 3 days in this charming little hotel with a family atmosphere, the room was clean,renovated,with a little balcony with a nice view of Caracalla therme. Great location,in the very centre, the Caracalla therme is just few steps.But it was not noisy at night, I only could hear the dustmen in the morning in the street ...The little fridge in the room was a plus.
I really recommend it.

Room Tip: with the view at cara calla therme
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah A
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Well... the arrival to the hotel was a shock, the reception was messy and very small. Had to wait personnel for couple of minutes before he showed up. And strange smell in the corridors... probably coming from kitchen?

But the room was actually quite nice... clean and recently renovated. So nothing bad about that.

The hotel is located nicely next to the centrum, so you can easily go there. Parking space is a problem. Hotel has no own parking space, had to got the public parking hall.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I enjoyed this little hotel. The clientele seemed perhaps to be older, return guests (I am a 50-something woman traveling alone), so it was comfortable for me. It was difficult to get into - it would be better to park the car first (get directions to the garage and to the hotel ahead of time and walk the short distance in to the hotel), as the streets are pedestrianized cobblestone ones and the space very limited in the hotel's area. It's close to the Faberge Museum and the central plazas in the town, making for very good strolling after dinner (take a map!). My suitcase was taken upstairs for me even though there was an elevator. They had given me a lovely corner room with charming views, very light and airy. The Czech restaurant was also good, with friendly, helpful staff who seemed to include me in the atmosphere and who spoke English (very helpful!).

Room Tip: #228 was very pretty.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I booked this hotel at short notice mainly because of the need to pop into the Caracalla for a relaxing spa evening and massage. The location is ideal for the spa (just opposite) and although the front desk may be off-putting as it is often empty the hotel is quite chilled and fine. I had a large room which was - to be fair - an odd shape, with two toilet rooms and a long bedroom with slightly mismatched furniture, but it was spacious and i slept like a log there. There are some excellent restaurants in the near vicinity and the breakfast at the hotel makes a great start to the day.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Don't let the reception desk scare you. My wife and I stayed here on a Friday evening for fun. My wife booked this place on short notice (the day of arrival), so we didn't have a lot of reasonably priced options available.

If using the GPS to get there, the hotel is not on the main street, so the best thing to do is park in the public lot on VincentistraBe, which a is a 1 min walk from the hotel. There is no parking at the hotel, but you can park overnight in the public lot for 9 euro.

When we arrived at the reception desk, I was having second thoughts. It was a scary mess, and we waited 5 minutes for some one to greet us. The man at the reception desk was very kind, although a little quirky.

If you're staying on an upper floor, the elevator is small and very old. The hallway lights need to be activated manually and work on a timing system. If you plan to use wi-fi, ask for the password at the front desk when you check-in. We had reliable wi-fi for our entire stay.

Once we arrived in our room, I was actually pleasantly surprised. We stayed in room 344, and it was very clean and spacious. About 2 minutes later there was a knock at the door, and we were welcomed with 2 glasses of champagne.

Overall, the accommodations were fine. I'm usually pretty picky about hotels, but this one was not bad despite the first impression at the reception desk. The hotel was mostly quiet, except it can be noisy when the neighbors are entering or existing their room. The noise only seems to come from the hallway, however, not from the adjacent rooms.

Breakfast was included in our stay, and like our room, it was satisfactory. Nothing to get excited about, but we left content.

Overall, I'd say a short 1-2 night stay here will be just fine, especially if you don't want to pay a lot. The city of Baden-Baden is OK. Other than the shopping and well manicured landscape, I don't really understand why this city is a hotspot.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple