All reviews apple cake little river traditional style nice terrace superb location room was large germany casino stream euros centre parking linens receptionist
Reviewed 4 October 2009

We usually spend a two nights stay in Baden Baden at this time of the year and look forward to a return stay at the Atlantic Parkhotel...the hotel is very well located in the center of the city, straight on the river Oos, and boasts of a lovely terrace/restaurant which can be used if the weather permits which was the case a few days ago. They have two different rates for their double rooms overlooking the river with balcony based on the size of the room. The bathroom is top, with all toiletries available, spotless and either with shower or bathtub...breakfast is average but the dining room is pleasant with a view of the water...the hotel has a dining room , the food is good, but I would be critical of the fact that the menu has not been changed in the 4 years we have been guests there?we enjoyed our stay there and would definitely be back.

Date of stay: October 2009
Reviewed 23 September 2008

The hotel is beautifully set along the Oosbach River right next to the town centre. This makes the location both a pleasant one and very accessible. The hotel uses a nearby public carpark as it does not have onsite parking but this is clean and safe and they have a drop off zone at the front of the hotel so you can unload your bags. They provide you with a map and garage pass for the parking.
Our room #317 was on the third floor. It was large and airy with an internal door which blocked out all the sound from the hallway. It had good furnishings, personal air conditioning and a large bed. The room had a private covered balcony that overlooked the terrace below and the Oosbach River. The bathroom was also large, well stocked and we were pleased to have a separate bath and shower.
We had half board for one night which was three courses with two options for each course which we thought was really good. The food was very tasty and the wait staff friendly. Breakfast was a little limited and there was no ambience in the room but it did overlook the river.
Overall this hotel exceeded our expectations but like everything in Baden-Baden it is a bit pricey.

Date of stay: April 2008
Reviewed 3 June 2008

We're American military living near Frankfurt, and my husband and I took one night away from our children to celebrate our anniversary. First, we had a bit of an emergency at home and called to cancel the day before. Their policy is, that no matter what the reason, they will charge 80% of the room if you cancel within 2 days of you reservation. 80%!
We got everything straightened out and decided to go. The closest description I can come up with for the 2 girls at the front desk is Stepford Wives. Not in looks, but in attitude. Completely dazed. As I watched though, it became clear that it was for our benefit. When other Germans would come to the front desk, their tone became warm and their smiles were genuine and they would answer their questions patiently. When we asked a question, it seemed to be a bother. I thought maybe they didn't understand so well, but when they started answering and turning their backs before we'd finished asking, I got the message.
The hotel also refuses to accept the form given to military members living in Germany (issued by Germany) for us to avoid paying their 20% Value Added Tax. And when we asked, the front desk lady refused to let us speak to a manager.
The extremely uncomfortable beds were just the icing on the cake!
If you want a good night's sleep, AVOID. If you want friendly, helpful staff (unless you're German) AVOID.

Date of stay: May 2008
7  Thank rbrusse
Reviewed 18 November 2007

This hotel is nice overall but please avoid if you're intending on going to Baden-Baden for a romantic break. There are no double beds in this hotel!! And it's the only hotel in the town that has this policy. My boyf and I stayed here for two nights and while we found the hotel to be pleasant, and the staff efficient, we were faced with two single matresses and single duvets insterted into the frame of a double bed. Not very romantic I must say! The room was overlooking the river Oos and opposite the theatre, but the fact that we were effectively sleeping in separate beds really killed the mood. The food served in the hotel restaurant was also poor. And we drank our dessert with a straw, very strange. On a positive note, the hotel is quiet, clean and well maintained and the breakfast buffet is excellent. However, I would not recommend it for couples, unless you're used to sleeping in separate beds! Stay at one of the other grand hotels in the town, where you can snuggle up to your significant other and row over who has the most duvet.

Date of stay: November 2007
2  Thank Dublindoll
Reviewed 3 September 2007

This is a very old fashioned hotel smack in the centre of Baden Baden by the river - a real wonderful position. It reminded me strongly of a hotel in Blackpool (UK) that my parents loved to go to in the 50s. The bedroom was huge and the bathroom was larger than most hotel rooms with the loveliest 2 sink set I've seen. The breakfasts included were good.
The hotel was pretending to be posher than it was - with dreadful (and I mean dreadful) fake old paintings on the walls. The clientele was varied though there were a lot of very old people (80+) staying. Overall it gives a feeling of being the hotel that people who can't really afford the lux Baden-Baden hotels would stay in and pretend to themselves they were staying somewhere special.
Unfortunately when we were staying it was very noisy because of two live stages just by the hotel playing music for people who don't like music.
Baden Baden reminded me more of Blackpool than Bath

Date of stay: August 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank NLR