“Perfect for a short break.”

Best Western Premier Hotel Victoria
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We arrived at the hotel after a 4 hour train journey and our first task was to negotiate the steps up to the door. No obvious ramps or disabled access were available and once inside... more steps and doors. Once inside the staff were helpful and polite and we were provided with information regarding recommended restaurants around the city. Our room was an average size. As we were on honeymoon we were given a room with a balcony (but no view) as well as complimentary champagne from the bar :-) The room had an unusual feature, a music box built into the headboard of the bed which plays a tinny lullaby if desired. Breakfast was good with a decent selection. Complimentary hot drinks are available downstairs throughout the day. Free wifi was available easily enough and the hotel provides travel passes for guests so that they can travel for free around the cities transport network (deposit required). The hotel proclaims loudly that it has a smoking bar... yeah I wouldn't be proud of that if I were you...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YorkshireCanuck

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is named eco - green 4 stars hotel. We are very disappointed!!! First of all, when you arrive at front door. There is no one help and care about us to carry heavy travel case. The front desk stand there and laugh at us and just see us to carry it from stage to another satge until front desk. Even no one help to open the hotel door while the front desk lady keep watching us. There are one night about 10, internet is not working, I have very import business work to do. The front desk ( old man with gary white hair with keys in belt) say he cannot help. He pointed there is a desk PC on lobby coner that I can use. Of course, that desk PC is not work due to internet issue. So, i spent 10 min to find out how to test internet setting in that desk PC( i cannot read germany). After that, I went back to front desk and told him. That PC still cannot use due to internet problem. SURPRISING~~~~what he replied:" how can you sit there over 10 min and told me it is not work. What are you doing there??" that answer make me feel angry. I told him, is any one try that computer already ? he said : internet is not work...." .And I am not the only one to try that PC all night.That is the worst service I never have. I politely ask I really need internet, could you help me fine out any coffee shop or store I can use near. He said seriously with unhappy: there is no shop near here. I asked again, I really need it tonight. He just say nothing can do from him.( worst~ worst~), Breakfast is OK, but no one there and service us when we arrive in morning. we have to find people in back side kitchen, there are 2 women were happy talked to each other.
After couple days, we check out, they even didnt ask us need a taxi or some help. I will never come back again

Room Tip: general the room is too small to tow people
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Max_Taiwan
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed at the Best Western Premier Hotel Victoria at the beginning of February 2014.
We stayed in the Havana Suite,which is the most expensive room in the hotel.I mean come on: for a 4 star hotel I expected much much more.We were the only people on the whole floor.That says a lot!

The pros: the breakfast food was very nice.
The location is spot-on.Near everything.Supermarkets all around,post office and banks.Near the train station and Altstadt.
The room size: huge room with a little living room and jacuzzi....
......and that were the pros.

The cons:horrible horrible staff.Check-in was cold and very sterile. We felt like paupers.Really one of the worst check-ins I've experienced in years.Shame on you!
Breakfast staff was cleaning the breakfast room,30 minutes prior to closing,while we were still eating.I would have never expected that from a 4 star hotel!
Evening staff: internet was broken,shoulders were shrug.What a joke!!

I will never return to your establishment.I would rather stay in another hotel.The staff is utterly unprofessional.I would suggest the owners to send them on a hotel management course.
Bad service and a bad name for Best Western Premier Hotels
PS we have stayed in a few hotels all over the world,including Best Western Premier hotels,to know what is bad and what is good.Stay away from this place!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank JohnofTaipei
Yvonne C, Inhaber at Best Western Premier Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Guest,

we are really sorry and even shocked, that we did not meet your expectations. This is not our standard and our entire team wants to apologize for this. Friendliness and professionalism of our employees are our strength and we are very proud that this has often been praised.

Within this message we would like to invite you for two nights in our hotel, in order to convince you of the contrary.

Kind regards

Bertram Späth

Reviewed 4 February 2014

The Best Western Hotel is a good place to stay in Freiburg with reasonable rates with clean rooms and good service. The breakfast buffet has good variety of cold cuts meat, bacon, eggs, fruits, cereals, cheese and youghurts. The hotel has airconditioning which is not present in all hotels in the city. It also has a good location being nera the train station and city center.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marvin M
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Excellent hotel in Freiburg! We originally were staying across the street at the Park Post Hotel and were dissatisfied with the accommodations and moved to the Hotel Victoria. We enjoyed a "Comfort Double Room" which was spacious and very comfortable. The hotel is larger than others in Freiburg and therefore has a nice lounge area in which to relax and a nice breakfast (although it is not included in the room rate which is a bit of a negative). One nice feature is that the hotel will give you free daily passes on the tram and bus system - big plus! Very convenient to the old town and train station. We will return on our next visit to Freiburg!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Nicely decorated and very clean rooms. Comfortable beds. Hotel has a private parking which is very handy if you come by car. The staff is very helpful. There is a coffee corner where you can get yourself a coffee/tee for free and chill out in comfortable armchairs.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Paulina_Bali
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I really expected more. The room was very clean and of good size, very comfortable, but I didn't like to open the window and only see other windows and the backs of buildings.
Staff was efficient, but not friendly. Breakfast was very good, at this time with friendly waiters.
I didn't liked the location, also, on the main street, only close to the Altstadt, not in it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo