“Too expensive for what it offers”

Dorint Resort An den Thermen Freiburg
Nahariya, Israel
“Too expensive for what it offers”
Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

The hotel located near the highway 5 so it's very good for travelers who wants to toto Europa park , the rooms are very poor without aircondition so it was very hot and very difficult to sleep. The resturant is very good and the breakfast is excellent. So for overall it's very expensive for what you get!! We paid on average a 230 euro for a room with two kids.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Hebrew first
Warsaw
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I have mixed feelings about Dorint Resort An den Thermen. Service is very good and professional as usually in Dorint hotels. The restaurant is very good. Both the dinner and breakfast were enjoyable.

The problem is the room. In my opinion, the room was something one would expect in DDR in the 1980's. I have visited several Dorint hotels (eg. Weimer, Binz) and I have enjoyed my stays. However, this time Dorint let me down big time. It looked like the hotel had been built 25-30 years ago and since then the rooms had not been renovated. In addition, the room was small and very hot. Bathroom as well looked like DDR in the 1980's.

I am surprised that Dorint management is not taking any action in this place. I understand that cash-flow is important but in the long run the rooms like this will kill the brand equity of Dorint brand.

I would recommend travellers to find someplace else to stay when in Freiburg area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tygrys
, Front Office Manager at Dorint Resort An den Thermen Freiburg, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Thank you very much for your critique and the many postive aspects about our F&B department. We forwarded your remarks and the staff is really thankful for your compliment.
Regarding the nice description of our hotel room we would like to mention our currently onging building under construction. The bare brickwork is already finished - you must have seen it - and the interior work is now done. End of the year 32 new rooms and 5 suites will be available. Additionally we are going to rennovate the existing rooms starting Jan 13.
Visit us in the spring and you will be fascinated.
Therefore your comment about our management not taking action is not justified. We are taking a lot of action.
We would appreciate if travellers could not attend to this comment
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2012

On our trip through Europe we stopped in Freiburg for a couple of days and specifically picked this location/hotel off the huzzle and buzzle of the centre of town. Unfortunately we were greeted by construction noise at 7 am the first morning which was coming from a construction site of the hotel/clinic. After launching a complaint in bathrobe and slippers around 7:15 we were looked at as if we were coming from another planet. The complaint of course achieved nothing as the Front Office Manager Yvonne Stadler was not in charge. We did actually taped the noise of the construction site and replayed it when we were checking out but nothing more than a "oh well" came back. Unfortunately I would not recommend this hotel to anybody as the service is simply below average and the clinic next door with people humping around on crutches also is not the most inviting place for a holiday. It definitely is not a "Gesundheits Resort"!!!

Room Tip: Definitely stay away from this place until construction is completed!! Most likely sometime the end...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spunkybunny
Thank you very much for your constructive critique.
I would like to appologize for the experience you had in our hotel during your stay. Furthermore I am very saddened that I had my day off as the incident happend.
Construction work is always combined with some noise - please accept our appoligies that on this sepcific morning the maschines started too early. As I believe we did our utmost to stop the noice asap which happened quarter of an hour later.
What I do regard as pointless is the connection to the service quality of our hotel. As the spoken language was englisch, a language barrier was given. We have to train our apprentecies on the front desk - we kindly ask for your understanding that some are really shy when it comes to complaints. And to then generalize all departments is pointless.
Last but not least we would like to mention that we as the Gesundheitsresort Freiburg were awarded by our Federal Government as a best practice example in health tourism.

With these kind of accusations I would appreciate beeing contacted directly to be given the chance to comment.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Dorint, great breakfast, nice room, very friendly staff , located just in the forest. You can take a bus and a small tram to Freiburg city. We enjoyed the pools at night, not recommended to be used during the day as are used for medical treatment patients. I just didn´t like the NO advise from the staff that saunas were for mix naked used. Overall a nice experience. Excellent buffet breakfast !!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JMPJMP
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I called Dorint's reservations today to make some bookings (big family, bit complicated) at Dorint Resort An den Thermen Freiburg, they put me right through to Freiburg's booking department.
And a female employee there was really very rude. It made an uncomfortable experience. She spoke like they do not really want you there. I have stayed at this hotel with my family twice and am very disappointed this time in their customer service. Would not come back here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank olper
dorintfreiburg, Front Office Manager at Dorint Resort An den Thermen Freiburg, responded to this review, 12 May 2012
Thank you very much for your constructive critique.
On behalf of the Dorint Resort an den Thermen I would like to appologize for the socalled unfriendly service. It was and is not our intention to give our customers the feeling that is described here. Our reservation department consists of professional and well educated personnell and does treat customers in an appropriate and efficient way.
However, I would like to mention that we do also train our apprentices in reservations. As the spoken language in this telephone conversation was English we kindly ask for your understanding the a young trainee might not be 100 percent professional.
Pully, Switzerland
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I wanted a weekend spa experience without spending a fortune and Dorint An den Thermen definitely lived up to my expectations. I booked two nights and their Beauty and Balance package. I loved the thermal baths at night. Floating outdoors and watching the purple sky turn black was very relaxing. The spa part of the package was really the full thing and not a shorter version as so often happens with packages. The room was nothing special, but clean, and the service was really very friendly and helpful. The Easter bunny even left a Lindt Golden bunny at my door. I would definitely go here again and Freiburg is a short trip away by car or public transport.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank GraceMadrid
UK
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This hotel is not in Freiburg, but almost 10km outside, so not suitable for strolling through the city from your hotel. The hotel is average with outdated bathrooms and is frequented primarily by elderly folks going to the thermal baths next door. Don’t stay up late – had knocking on my wall at 1030pm because we were talking! Thermal baths and sauna were worth visiting for the 16€ admission price.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family