Sitting on our balcony overlooking both the mountains and the city of Freiburg, we decided this was the life for us. At least for one night until we had to get back to the real world. Our room was spacious, luxurious and included the lovely robes and slippers that you find in great hotels. I swam in the 12 metre heated pool twice, had lunch on the terrace (more about that in the restaurant review to come), went for long walks up the forest path behind the hotel and just relaxed in a wonderful setting. Our only trouble was getting to the hotel because the GPS suggested route did not know that the center of town was closed off around the university. She (the GPS we called Cynthia) recalculated until I thought she would have a stroke, but we turned her off and just kept going uphill through lots of residential streets. It was good we were relatively early as we had booked a more expensive room for the views, but they tried to put us on the ground floor level in an equally expensive room but without the views we wanted. So we negotiated and we were happy with the result. The staff was very accomodating.
Do get a room as high as possible - better views, of course. Would we go back? Absolutely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Idyllically located on the edge of the forest "above the rooftops of Freiburg", the Panorama Hotel is a haven of tranquility with a mediterranean flair. All 86 comfort and panoramic rooms were renovated in spring 2013 and are equipped with all modern comfort - elegant retreats in which the interplay of materials and colours enlives your sense of well being. Each room has a balcony or terrace with sun loungers as well as a blind and offers a magnificent view of the surrounding area. The restaurant "Chez Eric" seduces and convinces with a light mediterranean cuisine full of finesse. Guests are treated with selected dishes and seafood specialties. All creations are as fresh, light and easily digestible. Mediterranean is also the atmosphere on the spacious, decorated with palm trees bar & brasserie terrace "La Riviera". "Saint Tropez" and "La Riviera" offer seasonally changing delicacies for the small appetite and regional specialities complemented by selected cocktails. The versatile leisure activities like indoor pool, sauna, massage, beauty treatments, two clay tennis courts, bike rental, and miles of jogging and walking trails make the "Panorama Hotel" an ideal place to energize, revitalize and invigorate the senses. Free parking is available directly in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your Mercure Hotel Panorama Freiburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Panorama Freiburg
- Mercure Freiburg Im Breisgau
- Mercure Hotel Panorama Freiburg Germany/Freiburg Im Breisgau, Baden-Wurttemberg