Hotel Alleehaus
US$147
US$140
  • Room Service
Bierhaeusle Hotel-Restaurant(Freiburg im Breisgau)
US$151
US$144
IntercityHotel Freiburg(Freiburg im Breisgau)
US$145
US$138
  • Restaurant
Novotel Freiburg(Freiburg im Breisgau)
US$131
Official Site
  • Bar/Lounge
US$152
US$146
Clarion Hotel Hirschen(Freiburg im Breisgau)
US$205
US$122
Mercure Hotel Panorama Freiburg(Freiburg im Breisgau)
US$129
US$123
The Alex Hotel(Freiburg im Breisgau)
US$127
US$121
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Stadt Freiburg(Freiburg im Breisgau)
US$188
US$132
Priceline
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The hotel has an excellent location, close to every touristic atraction in Freiburg. The breakfast was good. The bed was comfortable,however the room smelled quite bad, I had to open the windows for a while. Also, in the room next door there was a dog that did not stop barking everytime anyone passed by, it was very annoying. I have never been in a hotel where dogs were allowed. As an overall, it is good for a one-day stay. The internet connection was a bit slow.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We had difficulty finding accommodations in Freiburg for the nights we needed. I reluctantly booked a stay at Hotel Alleehaus because it had the best location and price. We were pleasantly surprised! The outside of the hotel is really quite lovely. It looked nothing like I had imagined from the picture. The room was comfortable and pleasant. We found the staff to be extremely helpful and the breakfast was very good. We loved Hotel Allehaus and would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed 4 November 2010

While traveling without plans, I ended up at the youth hostel on the outskirts of Freiberg...yikes. I was so excited to find Hotel Alleehaus the next morning while scouring the town for a better place to stay. I'm really surprised to see that other reviewers didn't love it, but maybe its been redone recently?

I love vintage/historical things, and the hotel is in a dreamy (to me) building building that feels like an old house. It was very nice inside, nothing looked run down or shabby. The girl at the front desk was very nice and cheerful and gladly showed me the room before I committed - and it was awesome! The furniture/decor was really funky but tasteful, the room was extremely spacious, and the in-suite bathroom was perfect. Everything was clean and there were cookies on the bed to welcome us - it even had a mini-bar!

The hotel isn't right in the downtown area, but it is about a 5-10 minute walk depending on how fast you are. I thought the location was perfect. There is a theater on the street, just down the block, which I didn't get a chance to check out but would like to when I go back.

On-site garage parking is available, and I was a little peeved that they charged us for it at check out without mentioning there was a fee initially, but I loved the place so much I'm going to let it slide. I checked out the other floors and rooms, and each one was unique and equally cool. Bonus: the breakfast was an amazing all-you-can-eat spread of cheeses, bread, jam, deli meats, cereals, fruit, etc and included in the price of the room!

If this place was in San Diego, I'd check in for a stay-cation! This was one of the top 3 hotels we stayed in during our trip through Germany, Italy and France.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank surfbird0713
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Hotel is located just outside core of old city in a residential area. Not easy to find from train station. Close to restaurants and attractions. If you loved your tiny college dorm room that hasn't been updated in decades then you'll love this place. Otherwise skip it.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2007

This hotel is located 300 metres from the old town of Frieburg. A significant advantage is the limited parking on site (charge of 6 Euros). The rooms have been refurbished and where quite spacious with a very clean bathroom with great water pressure. The breakfast choice was enormous with a vast choice of breads, cereals, cheese, meats, fruit etc. There was a choice of many restaurants nearby ranging from pubs to Italian to typical German (and covering a vast price range).

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple