“A welcome throw back to my childhood”

Landgasthof Berghof
Ranked #3 of 6 Triberg B&B and Inns
Bath, United Kingdom
“A welcome throw back to my childhood”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This place reminded me very much of my parents' house in Northern Germany in the 60's in terms of furniture, decor, the bathrooms. We went with my son, his wife and small son and all loved it! The energetic lady running it is amazing! Our grandson had his best 'big boy bed' ever - with his own bedside table and wall light. The restaurant area is amazingly full of 'stuff' - agricultural machinery, wooden sculptures, nick nack. Great! The two dinners we took were good, honest food. An absolutely wonderful place which we would like to go back to.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Renate P

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel for relaxation from all busy cities. Road to the hotel is bit narrow, however manageable. Good staff with nice food.

Only issue is they do not speak English.

The room was set bit differently. We got a quadruple room and the bed room was with 2 separate beds and living room with a double bed.

They need to keep some kettle and coffee sachets in the room.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Florence, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our eight month old son and I can not speak highly enough of it. The hospitality was fantastic. The woman working was so sweet and reminded me of my grandmother. She made us feel right at home. It's located up on a hill, you'll have to be careful driving at night, but the view is beautiful once you are there. The rooms are adorable, very clean, and spacious. I was able to set up my son's playpen and had we had more than enough room to walk around without disturbing him. You'll have to drive to reach the sights of Triberg, but everything was only a few minutes away and very accessible. And for the American Military members who may be reading this, there is even an Esso Station in town, which you know is critical! Ha! I will be recommending this hotel to all of my friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank AmandaDiehl
Everywhere
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The views made it all so worth while. We arrived very late ...and it was quite scary trying to find it in the dark. But eventually we did find it at 11pm, and its owner was very kind to wait up for us. The rooms in the chalet were clean and spacious. I love the wood elements of it.

The next morning, we saw what we missed the night before. What a view :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 October 2013

If you want cities and shops - DON'T COME HERE! If you want, peace, freedom, privacy, walking trails at the back door, comfortable and reasonably priced lodgings look no further. It is in the depths of the countryside on narrow one lane roads, and a GPS is required for us Aussies to find the place, but believe us it is well worth it. Rooms had a TV each (if you needed) and wi fi. Breakfast (delicious and fresh) is complimentary each morning. At the moment (mid October) the autumn colours are truly magnificent as we look out over our balcony.
We have eaten dinner each night in the restaurant located on site and again the meals are fresh and delicious. Most salad plants are grown on site.
We were lucky to have a waitress / house keeper who was able to speak some language and she helped with the language barrier, otherwise some German would be essential. Like most places in Germany they prefer cash.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed here for one night. It is in the depts of the countryside and we were sure the GPS had sent us astray! Owners seemed nice (no English). Wifi was free (would be quiet at night). We ate there and had a really lovely dinner. Very very peaceful location. Rooms were fine. Swimming pool wasn't functioning. Real selling point is the peaceful location and beautiful views.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I visited several south-west Germany last Christmas and this is my favourite place among all. We drove on a dark little road for a long time until finally reached the houses - one house for restaurant and another house for rooms, sitting in the peaceful little village in the vast black forest. With the long night in the winter we just went out during the day and had all dinner in the house restaurant and the food quality was impressive. There is no wifi in the house so it could be quite boring in the night.
I am surprised other reviewers gave such low rating, maybe the facilities are a bit old and the lady too (fortunately we have two German speakers), but there are no modern hotels in that place.
I won't remember a broken swimming pool in the heart of black forest, I just remember walking from the house through the forest to an anonymous hilltop and face a stunning view of sunset.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Triberg
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Schwarzwald Residenz
Berghotel Tannenhof-Schwarzwaldblick Triberg
Berghotel Schiller
Berghotel Schiller
#1 of 4 in Schonach

Been to Landgasthof Berghof? Share your experiences!