Hotel Central Garni
US$92
US$87
Agoda.com
Adler(Triberg)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
Pension Rita(Schonach)
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree parkingthe main streettrain stationcommercial buildingwalking distance to everythingno frillsbalcony facinggreat positionhotel signfriendly helpful staffstreet levelbed was comfortablemarket placeexcellent stayfree breakfastrecommend hotelgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We are glad that we made the choice to stay here.It is indeed a very good hotel,close to all the attractions.The hotel is right in the marketplatz stop.As you get down from the bus, you will see pizzaria pinnochio.Its just there.We had booked a triple bedroom which was a pretty nice size,clean beds,and a nice clean bathroom.It had a fairly big balcony and you get a beautiful view of the mountains..Breakfast was good too.Overall we loved the hotel and would recommend it.
If you are using the public transport to go around the blackforest region,you get a konus card on arrival and checkin which allows free travel in blackforest and free entrance to the waterfalls.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank roonch
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Bit of a stretch to call this a hotel - more of a boutique hostel. But great location; friendly, helpful staff; clean, well sized, comfortable if a bit basic room; and very well priced. As others have stated it's on the top floor of a commercial building above a bank in the centre of Triberg. Free parking around the back. The elevator is a bit rickity but once upstairs it is a very comfortable space. Enjoyed the breakfast - good fresh selection - and the breakfast room is bright and cheerful. Our room only had a shower, no bath, but it was clean. Take your own shampoo and shower gel. Our room was at the back and looked out over the parking lot to the hills and was very quiet. The biggest negative was that there was coffee making or kettle in either the room or the public areas for an evening drink. Water and pop is available on an honesty bar basis from the fridge in the reception.

The Triberg train station is about a mile out of town. It's too far to walk with luggage and the bus schedule on a holiday Monday was sporadic. The hotel gave us a Schwarzwald pass that was good for all bus and trains within the forest. Terrific value. We had to take the train to Villingen to get a rental car, but after that Triberg was a great location from which to explore the Black Forest.

For the price, definitely a great choice.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back, away from the main street
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank al500
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Indeed, figuring out how to get into this hotel caused a few moments of anxiety, but after getting past that everything was very good. The location couldn't be better, walking distance to everything we were interested in visiting in Triberg, and within walking distance of three nice restaurants.

Due to some problems with a rental car in Freiberg, we arrived after the designated last check-in time of 8PM. I called ahead and the proprietress was very gracious about our late arrival.

The interior of the hotel is very clean and neat, with several nice pieces of German/Swiss furniture scattered about the public areas. Our room with it's mountain facing window and frim bed was very good and breakfast was outstanding.

At 68 euros per night, this hotel gets and extra star for its value.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain facing room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SeattleBuster
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This hotel is on the top floor of a commercial building. That was okay with us but it may be hard for some folks to find.

Pluses - Location; Easy parking. Two blocks walk to the waterfall. Restaurants nearby. Nice and efficient staff. Good value. Clean rooms. Breakfast was okay.

Minus - Location. It can get noisy in the morning if you want to sleep in. Towels do feel a bit old.

Room Tip: Tell the receptionist upon checking in that you want to go to the Waterfall. She gave us a coupon and I think we saved $1 or 2.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gail T
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Highly recommended!!
I was travelling solo for the first time in Germany this past December. I arrived in Triberg with no room previously booked (I was nervous!). I went to the Tourist Office, and they picked out three hotels for me to check out. The first one I came upon was Hotel Central Garni. It was located right in the center of town! It was inside a corporate-type building, and up a few floors, but when I opened the door to the hotel, I instantly felt at home! The lobby was cozy, cute, and comfortable and decorated for Christmas. I was greeted by two women who were very friendly. One spoke English well and told me all the details, but then she left me with another woman who didn't know as much English, but made an obvious effort to communicate with me (and I made an effort to talk to her in German, too!). I decided to stay right away!
The room was very spacious for one person, which was nice! It had a private bathroom with a shower, and a beautiful view of the town!! (Triberg has very steep hills that make for gorgeous views!) There was free parking behind the hotel building. Breakfast was included, and it was a delicious buffet spread! I felt very safe there. I would definitely return to the Hotel Central Garni, and recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo