“Quaint German Restaurant with Traditional Food”
Review of Schnitzelbank

Schnitzelbank
Ranked #4 of 543 Restaurants in Heidelberg
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2017

This restaurant is located off the main street and is small, so get there early and expect to share a table with other people. The staff is super friendly and speaks English well. The menu has several variants of wiener schnitzel. Some are offered unbreaded or breaded and my opinion is the breaded version is better. The portions are large.

Date of visit: June 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,510)

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

The place is a hidden gem. Very small, just few places to sit. Feels very homelike and cosy. We had to wait a bit more for our food but we were compensated by the owner for that. Food was worth all the waiting. Would definitely visit again while we are still in town.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

I walked nearby yesterday and saw the sign of this off Main Street place but kept on. This evening I started with TripAdvisor and realized I missed this #1 place. I took their home plate and it was excellent. Also loved the atmosphere.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic meal. Very different from the norm but great service, very friendly staff, good value for money and met some lovely people at our shared table.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

The ambience is a bit dark and old. The entrance is somewhat inconspicuous and the waiter is not paying much attention as we walked in. I was curious why the others rated this place so highly. As we ordered cheese platter, salad and schnitzel, my family of 3 started appreciating the reputation. The cheese platter has large chunks of good cheese. The salad was rich and fresh, the schnitzel tender. We had an unforgettable dinner mainly because of the food, in my view.

Date of visit: May 2017