“Nice and simple”

Ranked #5 of 543 Restaurants in Heidelberg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

I was there with my partner's co workers for lunch. The quality was really good, the flavors well thought out, the portions were more than enough. I can't get over the wild mushrooms and greens salad. I wish I had ordered the Tuna steak, but instead I had the roast beef, which was very good, but the Tuna I sampled was really delicious. We had local wines and the suggestions the waitress made were right on the spot. We had a 16 people group and was well managed, but we were the only ones in the place. Giving it 4/5 because we sent back an overcooked tuna steak (a new one came super quickly), and because we had to rush the waitress at the end for the bill.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank meritaleja

Reviewed 7 November 2017

My husband and I have been wanting to try this restaurant for quite a while and we finally made reservations for our anniversary. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. We had 3 and 4 course menus, and every course was so good! Our server was able to recommend a great bottle of wine to go with our food, and we weren't disappointed. We took the opportunity to watch our neighbors' menu choices being served, and their food looked every bit as perfect - the tuna was cooked spot-on, as were the pork chops.

It was our first visit, but certainly not our last!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Ate here on our third night, having tried the more traditional pubs for which Heidelberg is famous. We far enjoyed our meal here sharing the scallops with chopped pear starter and then picking mains of the chicken breast dish with roast potatoes and the veal cheeks on barley risotto. Wines by the glass of their prosecco, white Bordeaux and Sicillian shiraz were very good. Service was also prompt and professional.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Business dinner on a Tuesday evening. Very friendly staff took me to the table. Nice tables, wineglasses ready, like that.
A very good winelist, got very good local wine.
Menucard is very interesting and offers different kind of food.
Got the Tuna Tartar (Delicious!!) and Saltimboca as main cource. The saltinboca well prepared and tasty. Risotto on the side war spicy and cooked to perfection.
Will come back again, absolutely!
Coffe, arh... In Heidelberg a Cafe Latte contains too much milk and too little coffee, remember to order with a double shot:)

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Jens U
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Located downtown, close to the river, offers both indoor and outdoor sitting, the menu was balanced and interesting with a good choice of starters, main course, desserts and drinks, the food was good in terms of flavour and presentation, service was friendly

Date of visit: July 2017