“Great Hotel in Heidelberg”

Qube Hotel Heidelberg
Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Heidelberg
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This was the nicest hotel that was stayed in while in Europe. It is quite close to the main train station, and just outside of the main tourist area. We arrived in the evening and the front desk staff were very friendly and even walked us to our room to point out a few things. The decor of the hotel and the rooms is excellent, very modern and extremely clean. We did eat in the restaurant on our first night there, and the beer and food were great. The staff were also very accommodating, helping us translate a few items on the menu! I was also able to go down and bring up a tea to the room one night, which was a full service, not just a takeout cup with a teabag.

The bed was comfortable and the shower was spotless. We faced out onto the main street, but with the window closed, there was really no noise. Overall it was a very comfortable hotel and I would have loved to stay here longer. We were very impressed with this hotel and we will certainly be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Stayed at the Qube for the first time last Wednesday. Rooms are clean, spacious and modern. Negative - no bath.

The staff are very friendly and attentive. I had a cocktail which was very well done. Breakfast unusually has a very healthy choice with lots of fresh cut fruit and some hot dishes for those interested; including freshly made omelettes.

I would also recommend the restaurant for lunch, I had the tuna steak and it was cooked to perfection.

The most dissapointing thing about my stay (and perhaps I am being pernickety) was when I went to pay the bill, I could see they had charged me over 6 euros for internet access. Somewhat annoying as they did not forewarn me when I asked for the codes.

Overall though a very pleasant stay, the manager is particularly professional and clearly runs a tight ship.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We have recently stayed at this hotel the night before our flight out from Frankfurt. We were looking for a simple and comfortable hotel for one night in transit before we head to Frankfurt after a long drive. This hotel definitely did not disappoint. It is a good solid 4-star hotel that is clean, relatively spacious (we could open 3 suitcases without any problems) and quiet (with double glazed windows).

It is located at the outskirt of the city center of Heidelberg, which is less than 5 minutes drive away. We eventually took the bus to the Heidelberg Castle, which the whole trip was about 15 minutes from the hotel and very convenient. At night, we took the cab back to the hotel. I would say, park your car at the hotel and take the public transports.

We were told that this hotel was one of the two new hotels in Heidelberg. As this hotel is relatively new, all the decos are very new with contemporary style. One thing we do not like in the room (or we cannot stop laughing about) would be the mood lights. Minor issue as you could just turn it off. The service is excellent as everyone has been very helpful. There is also a garage underground but you must reserve your space beforehand as the spaces are very limited.

The price performance ratio of this hotel is high, considering that we have paid under EUR100 for the night for the room (excluding the parking and our nice bottle of wine at the bar that night).

Also, the bar / restaurant is a very nice surprise. I will write another review in the Qube Restaurant. I definitely will recommend to go there at least for a drink. The restaurant manager has made us feel very welcome and he has been very courteous. His English is really good so I do not have any problem communicating and having a nice conversation with him.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BGSchmidt
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I have been staying at Qube with my wife and 17 month old daughter for a long weekend and was totally blown away by the service, cleanliness, sizable rooms and the overall value for money. I have a very high standard when it comes to hotel, but can say that Qube has lived up to all my expectations. I will stay at Qube every time I am in Heidelberg from now on, as it is by far the best hotel there. Staff are super friendly and made us feel at home while fulfilling our every wish and being very accommodating, despite us having some special request for our little girl. Can only highly recommend to try out Qube when you are in Heidelberg next time around!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MTeubner
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We were so impressed with this uber chic hotel! It is fabulously designed with all modern amenities but very comfortable with exemplary service. I would definitely recommend it and we will certainly return. Thank you to the staff for a wonderful and very relaxing stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We picked the Qube as they advertised having AC and it indeed lived up to the bill. It was very hot and humid during the time in Heidelberg and having the AC was a great comfort as most hotels do not have it given the limited number of days a year it is needed. It is located on the 22 tram line and the 35 bus line and is a 10 minute walk to the west end of the old town. Walking though the old town is another 30 minutes to get to the far end. The Qube has very pleasant staff and a great buffet breakfast (offered at 15 euros which is a discount if you book the night before). We had a room looking out the back to avoid the tram and street noise (room 306) and it was indeed very quiet. There is a small parking garage in the basement if you arrive by car that is very convenient. It is called the Qube as it is very modern and nothing like the other hotels in town catering to tourists who want old town charm. All in all I would certainly go back. The internet was wifi was fast and modestly priced at 8 euro per 24 hours.

Room Tip: As stated, ask for a rear facing room and avoid completely the street noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DaleRachmeler
Reviewed 5 August 2013

What a great hotel! Very chic and modern hotel with friendly staff. We stayed there with our 4 months old boy and we felt very much safe and secure. Wooden floors throughout the hotel and soundproof windows were just perfect for our little baby who seems to be a bit allergic to dust (and noise!). The restaurant offers variety of well-known/ homemade-type dishes at a very good quality. I had Wiener Schnitzel (my favourite dish when I am in German-speaking area) and it was absolutely delicious. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family