“A taste of Italy in the middle of Germany”
Review of Trattoria Toscana

Trattoria Toscana
Ranked #108 of 488 Restaurants in Heidelberg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fort Lewis, Washington
“A taste of Italy in the middle of Germany”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Spaghetti Sinatra. That should be enough for you to try this dish. My work had me at Heidelberg and I ventured into this place longing for some pasta. I was delighted by the wonderful taste of Spaghetti Sinatra. I had returned to this delicious destination 3 nights in a row. I must admit I liked so much I had it twice. The other plate of Linguine al pesto was also very good. My wife liked the Mussels and spaghetti one night. She raved about the Artichoke starter also. Salute!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank clausrock

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Major dissapointmet!!!!”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We had felt in love with the food and staff. But as we continued to visit more often the same nice super friendly waitress that always took care of us began to get from loving us began to get rude, extremely slow and nastier. Until we decided we will not set foot again. Also the food portion kept reducing by the continued visits. Yup, dissapointed. Great cappuccino, but nasty sweet tiramisú!

Will not go again, and do not recommend.

Buenos Aires
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This restaurant was recommended at our hotel and they could not have given us a better option! Suggestions and meal were great. Staff is children friendly.
Would come again!!

Visited February 2012
Heidelberg, Germany
“For Italian in Heidelberg, this is the place!”
Reviewed 1 November 2010

This is an authentic Italian restaurant, from food to service. Be aware that this means that nobody is in a hurry, and if (inevitable) mistakes are made, they're not considered a crisis. Last time we were there, the waitress accidentally brought me a pizza instead of the pasta I'd ordered. She apologized, then fairly well demanded that I eat the pizza while my pasta was being prepared. When she came back in a few minutes and nobody had touched the pizza, she was horrified that it might go to waste..."You eat the pizza! You no pay for pizza!" Hilarious and charming, if you have the right attitude. The pizza was, as everything we've ever eaten here, fabulous. The pastas are to die for and they serve the best tiramisu we've ever had, anywhere, including Italy. Go in with an understanding of and appreciation for cultural differences in service, and you will have a fantastic meal and enjoyable dining experience. Buon appetito!

Sydney, Australia
“An extremely aggressive waiter ruined our evening here! Please avoid!”
Reviewed 15 August 2010

While on a recent visit to Heidelberg, I decided to book a table in Trattoria Toscana for the Saturday night. All I can say is that I will never to back to this restaurant again! Upon our arrival to the restaurant, we noticed that the table we had booked was occupied. A waiter asked us to take a seat a nearby table while the other customers finished their meal. We were offered a glass of prosecco while we waited. We never got a chance to even have this. One of the other waiters, upon seeing us at "his" table, immediately asked that we leave the table as it was reserved for other guests. We explained that we were told to sit at this table by the other waiter while we waited for the table we had booked. An argument immediately broke out between the two waiters and we were asked again in a very aggressive an extremely rude manner by this waiter to leave the table. As someone who works in the tourism business, I have never experienced such rudeness in all my life. This man clearly should not be working in any business, in which he would have contact with people. We had enough and decided to leave and try and find another restuarant in Heidelberg at 8.30 on a Saturday night! My boyfriend approached the manager of the restaurant when we were leaving. She offered us a table outside but we had enough at this stage. I would advise that if this manager wants to keep the customers in her restaurant satisfied in the future, she should really consider whether this employee should remain working there. We certainly will never be back as a result of this man!

1 Thank The_Globetrotter_84