“"what, don't you like fish?"”
Review of Trattoria Toscana

Trattoria Toscana
Ranked #54 of 510 Restaurants in Heidelberg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Went looking for some good Italian food. What we got was a basic menu with no stand outs...and the pasta dishes we ordered could have easily been made in our home from boxed pasta and canned sauce with a few vegetables thrown in.

We were delivered the same dish, though the 2 of us ordered different ones. Instead of apologizing, the waitress pressured me to keep the wrong dish saying "what, don't you like fish?" Yes I do in fact, but if I wanted fish I would have ordered it! Eventually they brought the right dish, but we were unimpressed and eager to leave.

Should cost have what it does. Don't go if yo'ure looking for authentic italian food.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I ate here twice during my visit in Heidelberg and would go back. The 1st time was during lunch on a weekday during a slow time, we had 2 five year olds (who are well-mannered) with us, we ordered pizzas and the waiter was patient with us. The food is delicious!!!! So, I went back a 2nd time with my husband for dinner on a Saturday night. Again the food was delicious! The waiter was good, he came back to check on us a few times with is rare in Germany. I did notice that on a Saturday night when the restaurant is busy the employees will do what they need to do, for example we saw them kick-out a young bachelorette party that seemed drunk. I think this is why some other reviewers didn't five this place 5 stars, because the waiters aren't afraid to do something if it keeps all the other patrons happy. So, go here knowing that you or your children will need to be on their best behavior. Overall, I recommend this place and would go back because the food is awesome! Staff is ok. You can sit outside or inside and will have views of the Holy Ghost church. Enjoy!

1  Thank sue F
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Spaghetti Sinatra. That should be enough for you to try this dish. My work had me at Heidelberg and I ventured into this place longing for some pasta. I was delighted by the wonderful taste of Spaghetti Sinatra. I had returned to this delicious destination 3 nights in a row. I must admit I liked so much I had it twice. The other plate of Linguine al pesto was also very good. My wife liked the Mussels and spaghetti one night. She raved about the Artichoke starter also. Salute!

1  Thank clausrock
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We had felt in love with the food and staff. But as we continued to visit more often the same nice super friendly waitress that always took care of us began to get from loving us began to get rude, extremely slow and nastier. Until we decided we will not set foot again. Also the food portion kept reducing by the continued visits. Yup, dissapointed. Great cappuccino, but nasty sweet tiramisú!

Will not go again, and do not recommend.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

This restaurant was recommended at our hotel and they could not have given us a better option! Suggestions and meal were great. Staff is children friendly.
Would come again!!