“Horrible service - mediocre food”
Review of Trattoria Toscana

Trattoria Toscana
Ranked #71 of 513 Restaurants in Heidelberg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 weeks travelling throughout Europe and I can report that Trattoria Toscana was by some measure our worst dining experience. The food itself was okay, but the portions were miserable - so much so that my wife, who rarely manages to clean her platter was still starving after the main course! That was the good bit. The service was genuinely atrocious. The waiters did their utmost to avoid eye contact, got the orders wrong, reacted appallingly when we pointed this out to them, were slow and surly. They're fortunate that they're located in a prime tourist trap in the Marktplatz and they could probably care less about this review, but I'd rather go hungry than cross their threshold again.

1  Thank RolloPollo

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Tired of German kitchen? Which is not so difficult. Go to Trattoria Toscana! Tortellini with porchini mushrooms - must try! Beef steak with porchini mushrooms also great. Ask for spaghetti vongole (not in basic menu) - 4 stars out of 5, and it is very good considering vongole delivery distance. I recommend.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

This will do in a pinch. The food was okay, not bad, not great, and reasonably priced. The location is very nice, just off the square across from the old cathedral. They do have some nice outdoor seating and it's not a budget breaker. If your craving late night italian, not a bad choice.

3  Thank ralph s
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Strange mix of reviews. My wife and I went there on the recommendation of a friend and found it both authentic Italian - our table for two all of 10 cm from the next :-) - and very good value. I'd even say the food beat my favourite Italian in Heidelberg (in this price class) Da Vinci. Service was discreet and very efficient - we were in the hands of an old pro. Mixed antipasti, asparagus-based pasta dish of the day, plus a wonderful Piccata Milanese; super tender veal and a great tomato sauce - simple and delicious. House wines were fine, prices very reasonable for Heidelberg. I'll certainly be going back, but will be intrigued to see if I find myself less impressed next time around. For now, though, definitely recommended.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

Good cooking if you feel like eating some italian dishes. Great location to walk by in the summer. Even having a capuccino outside worths the visit to this place.