“Basic taken to a new level”

Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten
Ranked #50 of 75 Hotels in Heidelberg
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights. Beware, there is no elevator. We had to climb 68 steps up to our room with our luggage. The room was clean, but like staying in a shoe box. The only thing on the room was a tv and table. No clock, no hair dryer, no air conditioning, and it was perhaps one of the hottest days of the year at 95 degrees Fahrenheit.. The bathroom is very very small. certainly only one person could fit and you have to be careful not to bang your knees or elbows...When we arrived, the man asked for our name and handed us a key. Just like that. We were never told when or where the breakfast was, never given a map, or asked if we had questions. We had to climb down the stairs and ask where the breakfast was, what time it was and so forth...the breakfast was small, a choice of rolls and then a small plate of one piece of cold cuts each and one piece of cheese each. There was a small selection of yogurt cups and fruit as well. There was also cold cereal with milk. For the money I definitely would have expected more.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 June 2013

My Husband and I have been staying at this Hotel for sometime now. It is a small place but the rooms are nice and the Staff is very friendly. It is Family owned and everyone in the Family is helping to please the Guest. Brothers Thomas and Michael will greet you at the front desk and go above and beyond they duties to make sure that you are happy. The Vier Jahreszeiten is next to the Old Bridge and you can walk everywhere in the Historic part of the City of Heidelberg. You may even walk up to the Castle or walk accross the Old Bridge up to the Philosophen Weg from where you also have a beautiful view of the City. Make sure you have reservations as I wrote above it is a small Hotel but relaxing to stay in.

Room Tip: You can ask for a view of the River or of the Old Bridge. If you cannot walk a lot of stairs ask fo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank Gerald and Rosw... S
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a business trip. Nothing fantastic (creaky floorboards), but nothing to complain about. Woke up in the morning, and found a 3 cm worm (alive) floating in the toilet water. Don't know how it got there, and don't want to know either. Needless to say, changed to a nearby hotel right away.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank KneeRoo
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The location is really excellent, part of the old city. I read quite a few bad reviews on this hotel, which was booked for me while attending a meeting, so my expectations were not high. I stayed in the annex, with a room facing the street. Although it was quite cold outside there were still some noise from the street, would not be nice during summer time. In addition, you can clearly hear the chruch bells! I asked to move to a different room, but there were none available. The room was clean and tidy, the internet worked fine! TV channels were only in German though. Breakfast was on the down-side in comparison with many hotels in Germany I have been too. Through a friend, I discovered it is possible to ask for an egg for breakfast which was a great improvement. So overall, quite average.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Well I have to say that Heidleberg was my favourite place during my overseas recent trip, and frankly Germany had me pleasantly surprised and I rate it the best travel destination in Europe.
This little hotel was exactly what we were looking for with out being super fancy and breaking the budget. Rooms were large, bright and airy. Beds were comfortable and clean. Staff friendly and helpful and the breakfast was perfectly adequate to start the day. The local restaurants were fantastic, and my mum says the Chinese restaurant next door was the best she ever had, which I agree. The schnitzel and beer is the best in Heidleberg! I would definately recommend this hotel. The only thing missing (from my mums perspective) was a kettle in the room, but as there are coffee shops nearby it wasnt a great hassle really.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ginger P
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This was value for money - a lovely clean hotel right in the middle of the old town on the river.Breakfast was included in the price and it was run by a family. Close to shops and restaurants. Only stayed for 2 nights - great hotel for short stays.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MissDetox
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stayed for two nights here after Christmas, our friends stayed in the annex. The owners of the hotel Tomas and his wife were great, very friendly and helpful. I was Ill for a day and needed a doctor, the lady owner was great in getting the information for us about where to go to see a doctor and rang a taxi for us. The hotel is very clean, quite basic amenities wise, the place needs a refurbishment but the location went a long way into compensating for this as our room overlooked the bridge. The location is perfect for downtown heidelberg which is a fabulous city with plenty to do and with some fabulous and some quirky shops. The breakfast at the hotel was good as was the bed linen and towels. Would stay here again for sure.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple