“Excellent crispy grilled pork knuckle!!!”
Review of Palmbrau Gasse

Palmbrau Gasse
Ranked #11 of 536 Restaurants in Heidelberg
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Traditional, nice and cosy atmosphere!!

Chef's specialty was the crispy grilled pork knuckle with mustard and rye bread. It was excellent! Portion size was huge (keep this portion)! It was pleasure for the palate!

The restaurant was spotless clean.

Polite personnel and very good service.

Excellent value for money!

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I found the food here to be good and the service was generally accommodating. What I found odd was their seating logic. I was seated in a room by myself. Then another guy comes in and they seated him in an adjacent room by himself. There was adequate room, but it was most awkward. I thought the apricot dumplings were the best part of the dinner - the rest was okay but not exceptional.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

A very nice place to go for lunch/dinner or just a beer, which is very tasty. I would even say the best please around the historical church place.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came on a Friday night with no reservation and found a great table right away. We also had our small dog with us which was no problem. The server was very kind and prompt to take our drink order. I got the Palmbrau Pils which came in a beautiful stein. My husband had the pork knuckle for main course which is a must. The tender pork with crispy rind made for a delicious combination. I ordered the fried chicken breast in a cream gravy with hash browns and I cleaned my plate! Both meals were so tasty and satisfying. We stayed after dinner for a couple more drinks and did not feel rushed. Overall a great meal with a great ambiance!

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Staff were very accomodating and we ordered their specialty and was not disappointed! If you like tender and crispy pig knuckles, you will like this place.

1  Thank johnag69