“Wonderful German Restaurant ”
Review of Palmbrau Gasse

Palmbrau Gasse
Ranked #10 of 543 Restaurants in Heidelberg
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited Heidelberg Castle on a rainy afternoon. Went looking for a late lunch and came upon Palmbrau Gasse located in the town below the Castle. What a find! My daughter and I really wanted a German meal however had not found one due to our vegetarian lifestyle. I had the spaetzle, my daughter had vegetarian pan and our friend had bread dumplings. Our meat eater had the schnitzel. We enjoyed wine and German beer. Our waitress was lovely, efficient and hospitable. Additionally the restaurant ambiance was warm and cozy.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My family and I had been looking for a restaurant where we could eat some traditional German food and Palmbrau Gasse was the top suggestion for the area. It did not disappoint! The food is amazing, the service is quick and the waiter was polite and helpful. And the portions are so big! Definitely a must try, especially for tourists looking to try something different.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Traditional, nice and cosy atmosphere!!

Chef's specialty was the crispy grilled pork knuckle with mustard and rye bread. It was excellent! Portion size was huge (keep this portion)! It was pleasure for the palate!

The restaurant was spotless clean.

Polite personnel and very good service.

Excellent value for money!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I found the food here to be good and the service was generally accommodating. What I found odd was their seating logic. I was seated in a room by myself. Then another guy comes in and they seated him in an adjacent room by himself. There was adequate room, but it was most awkward. I thought the apricot dumplings were the best part of the dinner - the rest was okay but not exceptional.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

A very nice place to go for lunch/dinner or just a beer, which is very tasty. I would even say the best please around the historical church place.