Lowest prices for your stay
US$77
US$74
PricelineUS$77
Hotels.comUS$77
eDreamsUS$77
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Pros
+ The location is spot on and easy to reach from the main railway station
+ Peaceful atmosphere - good night's sleep is garanteed
+ It is clean and well kept
+ Doing your laundry is cheap - only 2 euros a load!
Cons
- Saying that breakfast is included in the room rate is a bit misleading to me since there are only cereals (and coffee/tea) available.
- The front desk employee seemed to be busy at all times so it was hard to ask for advice
- for some reason it wasn't easy to meet other travellers at this hostel

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Skxjoiu
Carmen S, Inhaber at Lotte - The Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Hello Mari L,
thanks for your review. Sorry the front desk was busy. Usually one of our best features is that we do have time for our guests (it´s top of the list actually). Of course during high season it can happen that there are just too many things to organize. And yes, I´m always worried when reviews say we offer breakfast, because we difinitely don´t! We don´t advertise it anywhere, either. That´s maybe why some guests expect nothing, when they get here and find cereals, milk, tea and coffee for free anytime very astonishing. Which leads to comments as you talked about. In case you come back to Heidelberg again, I´d like to prove to you, that we usually take good care of deluxe customer service. :-) Take care, Carmen

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Just adding to the chorus of positive reviews here. My wife and I stayed here for three nights and it exceeded our expectations.

The hostel is located in Old Heidelberg (Altstadt) right by Heidelberg Castle, and for the price, it is a steal. We stayed in a 5-person dorm, which was very manageable (still, earplugs are a necessity for being in a hostel, so come prepared for when your roommates get up at night). I was impressed by the cleanliness and upkeep of all of the facilities in the hostel, from the dorms to the kitchen to the common space. Free coffee and cereals go a long way for backpackers in a tourist town, and we used the kitchen to prepare other meals too, to save money. The manager takes care of washing dishes and keeping things well-stocked. There's a computer with internet access in the living room that was very useful. And lastly, the staff, particularly the manager (Carmen I think?), are very friendly and helpful.

Other useful info: everyone gets a locker with a lock. The WiFi is good.

Reserve your bed in advance. You won't regret it!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carmen S, Inhaber at Lotte - The Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thanks a lot for this great review! I´m happy that you liked everything so much. Was a pleasure meeting the two of you! Come back one day!

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

By far, this hostel is the best I have stayed in. The location is very good, in the old town and it's a short ride to the centre. The hostel itself is very clean and well-kept. There is a shower/toilet for female only which is great for female travellers. And again, the toilets are all very clean. I saw them cleaning several times during the day. Above all, the owner is very nice, friendly and helpful (I cannot highlight enough how nice she is). I urgently needed to use a laptop when I checked in and since one guest was using the computer in the hostel, she let me used her personal laptop. She is always there when you need her and definitely goes out of her way to help. I highly recommend this hostel! The best indeed!!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank tasneemcheytan
Carmen S, Inhaber at Lotte - The Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Thanks so much for this great review, Tasneem! Was a pleasure meeting (and helping) you. Maybe see you again one day? Take care, Carmen

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I've stayed in a lot of backpacker hostels and Lotte is perhaps the nicest I know.

There are no fancy gimmicks or unique features, it simply gets all the basics right - friendly welcome, nice atmosphere, cosy but not overcrowded, convenient location, all the amenities you need.

Highly recommended.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 December 2016

I've been in a lot of hostels all over the world gut Lotte's was the best one. Very quit allthough in the centre, very very clean and unique. Nice stuff and very special furniture. I will come back soon I hope.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carmen S, Manager at Lotte - The Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2017

Thanks so much! Come back soon! :-)