“No more than a basic B&B”
Review of Hotel Kohler

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Heidelberg
Hotel Kohler
Ranked #65 of 76 Hotels in Heidelberg
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

A family-run hotel very close to the old town. The staff is very kind and all speak good English. Unfortunately the hotel is extremely basic. WiFi is available only by the reception with no privacy. The single en suite was clean and sufficient but the bed was made of 3 '80 style sponge cushions with a feather pillow. Very uncomfortable. The breakfast is always fresh and the coffee freshly brewed, but can get borring after 2 days as it never changes and there is no cooked options. Sadly, I won't be staying again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Adam_dndee

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Never has a hotel service made me so angry that I have to write a review about them. It was a last minute booking for me to reserve hotel Köhler and I didn't notice that the last checked in time was at 9:30 PM. When I showed up to at the door at 10:30 PM, the owner of the hotel spoke through the intercom saying I was late therefore she refuses to let me check in, when they live right upstairs. Then she dismissed my request to use the phone to look for another hotel which leaves me stranded outside in the middle of the night. She also said she will fully charge me the room fee through booking.com as a “no show” therefore I will not be able to leave a review about my experience. It is quite upsetting for a traveler to run into an owner of a hotel with such unethical practice. Most strangers will lend a helping hand in a situation like this let alone a paying customer. I am writing this review to warn anyone to stop supporting their unethical behavior.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank pkobe8
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This is a family run hotel. Though most of the staffs are friendly there is one typical guy who is actually rude! I almost wanted to punch him on the face! I was there in June and it was hot. Really hot. 34 degrees (C). And guess what they did not have air con. I could not sleep for many nights (I stayed there for 10 nights). Their breakfast is boring. I mean really boring.
But the location is great. The hotel is located in quiet place and the sleep quality is great as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank lightonthestreet
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I 've been here for one night only, but I was surprised by the Hotel host's politeness and goodwill, room cleanness and, especially, elegant German-like breakfast with boiled eggs and a coffee in a beautiful coffeepot with a hot milk provided. The city's historical center is about 5 minutes walk. And this is for about 60 EUR. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Dmitry K
Reviewed 1 December 2012

A hotel in a 19th century building near the main train station in Heidelberg, fairly recently renovated. Most things were OK but I didn't particularly enjoy my stay because of two reasons. First I was given a room with the head of the bed right next to the lift shaft so you could hear the clunk-click of the lift every time it went up .. tried to deal with this but not very successfully so I didn't get much sleep.
Second, the focus of the hotel staff seemed to be almost entirely on telling me that I had done something wrong and I should be doing something different or be somewhere else. I arrived just before midnight very tired and had the usual form to fill in, receptionist kicked up a fuss when I didn't put exactly the right information in the right column. In the morning I try to use wi-fi in the room, it doesn't work, I take my laptop downstairs to the breakfast room and immediately get told off by the waitress there, apparently it wasn't the right time of day for doing this. Etc.
I dare say if you are prepared to argue you could get what you want here, I didn't have the energy for it.

Room Tip: Check the corners of the room for possible lift shafts
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank cpviolator
Reviewed 7 October 2012

This hotel has a great location for visiting Heidelberg, but what makes it really good is the staff. We were welcomed with a lovely smile and any questions we had before we arrived was answered promptly and helpfully. The rooms were all very clean and an added bonus was parking for our cars.
Would recommend this hotel for groups like ours ( we were a group of 15).
Thanks Hotel Kohler for a great stay

Room Tip: No hairdryer or tea/coffee in the rooms, so take your own if you need them.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank smeaty54
Reviewed 1 September 2012

This is a family hotel run by un- nice people. You would expect from a family run hotel to be friendlier.
The location is very good –walking distance from all the places you want and yet in a small quiet street.
The room is clean but very basic –soft bed, a cheap type of soap and a shampoo from a squeezing bottle, a tiny little towel that does not look like a towel anymore and a coarse toilet paper from the type that you can no longer get in stores. No internet in the room, only in the tiny lobby
We [2] paid 100 EURO for this room. If it would be 60 I would say –O.K but for 100 it felt like we didn’t get a fare price and that there are better hotels in the area for this amount of money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business