“No Complaints”

NH Heidelberg
Ranked #10 of 76 Hotels in Heidelberg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We only stayed for onenight at the NH Hotel Heidelberg and from this limited experience i can say the hotel was fine. The service was polite and informative and the room whilst a litlle tired was clean and spacious. The location was fine but was a very pleasant 10 minute walk from the "downtown" area. All the extras were a little pricey; parking, breakfast (didn't take) and internet access but hte room rate was reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve D

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Booked at last minutes, but pleasantly surprised. Room was very clean and reasonably spacious. Bed was very comfortable. We paid extra for the breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed it. All the staff were very helpful and pleasant. Very good location - a good walk into town where there were excellent restaurants and bars.
Only one minor complaint - there were no tea making facilities in the room. You had to upgrade, costing an extra 25 euros, for these and a few other bits and pieces. A kettle and a few tea bags/coffee would be a nice touch and costs next to nothing.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I went to stay at the NH Heidelberg hotel for Easter. I arrived by car coming from the South so to get to the Hotel, had to go through the centre, but it is maybe five minutes by car north from the centre (it is on the left side though so a U-Turn was required). I didn't park in the Hotel parking because I found it quite expensive. I was lucky enough to find onstreet parking 10m from the Hotel. There may be restrictions for some streets close to the hotel but since I arrived on a Saturday night, there were no limits to how long I could park there. Most onstreet parking limits to two hours, though on a Saturday it ended at 2pm as far as I could recall.

The hotel on the outside looks very classy as it does in the pictures. The checkin receptionist was very friendly and helpful. We were given the very last room (not because all the other rooms were booked, it just happened to be the very last room in the sequence. Room 363 I think it was) in the hotel and the room certainly felt like it was the last room. Be warned that not all the rooms are wheelchair accessible. To get to our room, we had to trundle through a maze of two buildings to get to the very end of the hotel (the room signs were very easy to follow).

The buildings of which the rooms are in are quite old and the room we had reflected this. I'm afraid I'm not much of a historian and can't pinpoint the exact era but the room felt old. It had low ceilings with the overhead woodbeams visible and the window was tiny, maybe less than 1 square metre. I did manage to see my car on the street though.

Despite being old, everything was clean and tidy. You won't get state of the art LCD TVs etc but it was enough. We couldn't figure out how to work the heating however, it never did feel warm enough, even if we turned it up to the maximum.

The double bed was comfortable but what I found odd was that there were two single duvets instead of one large duvet. I asked the receptionists about this and they said it was normal. Very odd.

I had a good nights sleep; our room with its tiny window faced the side of the building next to the main street so I didn't hear any trains running or cars zooming by. It could have also been a factor of the tiny window.

Overall this hotel is OK. Its the first time I've stayed in an NH Hotel so I'm not sure what the standard of their other hotels is. Even though it had a four star rating, it felt more like a three star hotel. I think I paid too much for what I got. There are certain limits to what can be achieved and to me, given the nature of the buildings from which this Hotel was converted, I think the maximum is a three star (based upon the room I was given). Maybe other rooms were 4 star quality but my room I felt to be only three.

The night staff man wasn't as good as the gentleman that checked us in and I was quite happy to see it was the same gentleman that checked us out, he was very friendly.

Room Tip: Don't get the very last one!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hoteles
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Clean and spacious rooms , beautiful design of the hotel overall. however at the end I was wondering why didnt they ask me to pay also for the air I was breathing!!
Breakfast was 20€/person and the buffet was not that rich. The parking was 17€/day and wifi 9 euro. Location was ok not too far not too close either

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Dannytz
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Big, spacious rooms. Fine interiors that could use a small renewal on the furniture / TV. Close to the city center. Verrz good breakfast served in a nice room. Good and friendly service

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2012

This hotel is definately worth a stay during your business trip to Heidelberg. It is so central that you can walk over to the old city. The hotel itself has nice and clean rooms, it was quiet at night, the service was very good and the breakfast excellent. If you just want to have a dinner close to the hotel, there is a brewery next to the hotel. They own also a parking garage. Defiinately a business hotel where I will return to

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Angelira
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The best thing about NH Hotel Heidelberg is its location. Its at walkable distance from main station & also from Bismarck Plaza & the Heidelberg Castle. You can also get buses or trams from just outside in case you dont want to walk.
The rooms are very neat & clean. The standard room has a study table,TV & mini bar. However they provide you with electric kettle with tea/coffee on request.
Room service is also good & Breakfast has very good variety.

Only thing which I found not good was the internet service, which was not free in the room. It was free in lobby though, but I would expect free internet in room, since many hotels (cheaper than NH) on the same road provide the free wifi in the room.

Overall I found NH to be a very good hotel if you want to enjoy Heidelberg.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business