“Lacks warmth”

NH Heidelberg
Ranked #10 of 76 Hotels in Heidelberg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 September 2013

A functional hotel. You can upgrade for €10 per night to a larger room but it's still somewhat bleak. Good storage but very very hard beds. Poor wifi.

Good parking - probably among the best as the town centre hotels look very limited. About 20 minutes from town so handy to have bicycles (a pleasant little ride). Mildners (about five minutes' walk in the direction of town) is useful for breakfast.

Bar closed for refurb - disappointing and not announced on check in! Poor.

It's ok.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmandDee
There are newer reviews for NH Heidelberg

Reviewed 19 September 2013

First time in Germany for a friends wedding!he booked for all of us rooms at this hotel!
Fantastic,nice big and clean rooms ,great service,amazing breakfast and the most amazing bar staff!
An overal good experience
Thank you and I hope I'll make it back one day

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Average hotel for business, with clean if a touch basic rooms.
The service was truly excellent - hats off.

1) They were amazing with the fact I was lactose intolerant - there was lactose free milk at breakfast plus at each of our meeting breaks. They even made me a latte macchiato. Plus the chef came out each time to show me what I could eat at each meal and made sure I had an option I was happy with rather than the usual have some dry rice and a vegetable...
2) my cat needed to be repaired while I was in a meeting - they took care of giving the car key to the repair company etc. and back to me taking a load off my mind

Thank you to all the staff - you made a difference

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have just returned from an eight night stay in both France and Germany and this was by far the best hotel I stayed in. We arrived at the hotel very early in the afternoon hoping to check in, no problems encountered and we were offered an upgrade for €10 which we accepted, our room was huge and well furnished, the bathroom was large with a great shower and the sleeping area had leather chairs, large flat screen tv, office table, microwave and fridge with mini bar, we also had another big space just inside the door where the suitcase stand was situated and hanging space for your clothes, the room was spotless and the free wifi worked well with no signal problems. My only complaint was the charge for parking in the underground car park, €17, ouch !!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stevelewis430101
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I’ve stayed in NH Heidelberg many times and I have always been pleased with my stay. Once I got room which was quite worn and outdated, but at least it was big. For rest of my stays I have got newly renovated room and I have been very happy with them. They are decent size, very functional and fresh. Rooms have always been spotless clean! Cleaning service is really top class!

Hotel building is beautiful and well kept. Facilities are great, but maybe their fitness room could be better equipped.

Breakfast is great with large selection of different choices, maybe price of it is little bit on high side. Food in the restaurant overall of very good and tasty! Service is efficient and friendly.

Reception staff is always very friendly and polite. They are ready to help you to make your stay pleasant.

For me being business traveller NH Heidelberg is excellent place to charge your batteries for next day in conformable environment.

Room Tip: I have liked renovated ones better. Not sure if they even have those "old" ones anymore.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Overall this was a very good experience. My wife, youngest kid and I stayed here for the weekend. The minuses were few - we waited for over 3 hours for an iron and the price of the food is a little excessive to the point where we didn't bother eating in the hotel even for breakfast. It's probably cheaper to book at the time of booking though there are some nice places nearby. On the plus side - the deisgn of the hotel is excellent and the superior room we had was excellent. It's also only about a 10 to 15 minute walk to the older historic areas. It has some nice bars, cafe's and fast food places (Pizza, kebab etc) close by if required. The staff were friendly enough.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TheMcGuv
Reviewed 9 September 2013

One of the best NH hotels I've ever stayed (and I have stayed a lot in NH hotels). One of the cleanest. Close to the city centre, too, free parking garage etc.

Unlike most Nhs it has a character. Actually, very good character - the building is a former brewery. I had sweet dreams!

Beware that like everywhere in Nh the breakfast is unreasonably expensive, if it is not included in to the rate. I recommend to have breakfast in the city. The corridors and levels of the former brauhaus may be confusing, but I took it as adventure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends