“Best Front Desk Staff in Germany”
Review of NH Heidelberg

NH Heidelberg
Ranked #10 of 76 Hotels in Heidelberg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The staff here was a breath of fresh air. When I arrived, the woman checked me in quickly, told me where I could park our rental SUV (not what we reserved, but oh well)-- in the bus parking lot right outside the rear lobby doors-- and pointed out the top sights of Heidelberg on a map that she gave me.

I had another question a bit later and a gentleman at the front desk again helped me quickly and kindly. I was in Germany for 11 days and this was the best front desk staff, including a very speedy checkout.

I believe we were in room 124 or 125 and the size was wonderful. The closet was a big walk-in and we enjoyed the convenience of having (self serve) cofffee and tea in the room. The nearby Aldi (groceries), DM (like CVS), and restaurants were also super convenient. There was Thai, Italian, Chinese, and more within a very quick walk. There's also of course a restaurant in the hotel.

The only minor downfall was that our room was on a "half floor." In other words, we had to lug our big international suitcases up and down stairs. Not great for a tired older woman and a woman with a previous neck and back injury but we were so eager to just get to our room that I didn't explore the possibility of switching rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,035)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for business and thought it was a decent hotel. The staff was friendly, especially the bartenders at night! The kitchen was nearly closed and he convinced them to make me some French fries... I was so happy as I was in meetings all day and starving. The soccer games were on in the lounge area of the bar. The rooms were large and clean.

You can walk to the main cry center but it's a bit of a ways for Americans who don't walk much...... For those who do and others it's nothing at all. I loved walking al the way up to the castle at night and then returning for a night cap at he NH bar. There is not a brewery but a bee garden and while I was there it was not open.

Parking is right under the hotel and it's very close to the autobahn.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed at the HH Heidelberg May 10 and were more than a little disappointed. Our room was clean and large but absolutely stark and sterile. I have seen more character in a hospital ward. I was surprised that the room did not have a flat screen LCD TV. These are available even in hotels in the Canadian Arctic. The intern service although there was vat best sporadic and for all practice purpose non existent. The computer in the lobby was also non functional and it was impossible to access the airline website to print a boarding pass. When the desk staff was questioned about this they were essentially unresponsive. In all the hotel experience was exceptionally negative although they did provide a "gift" of a single luggage tagged with the HH Hotel logo on it as a momento of our stay I passed mine onto the first vagrant I saw.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SNamycush
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a 3-4 star hotel but the new renovated rooms are huge and great. They offer for 25 EUR/night an upgrade with free mini-bar consumption and a huge room. The room has a separate section for clothing and the bedroom includes sofas and even a small bar with high chairs.

The breakfast is also ok and is equal to 4-star hotels nearby.

The location is close to major attractions and the highway.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here for work. It's an interesting building with a lot of characther.

The staff are amazingly friendly and efficient. The breakfast was superb.

It's well located on the main strip through Heidelburg with good access to trains and motorways.

Rooms are comfortable and well equiped.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2014

With a few words: an excellent 4 star hotel that deserves for the outstanding service and the superb breakfast 5 stars. Big, spatious rooms, nice buioding. Book without any second thought, great also value for money. 10 min nice walk from central pedestrian street, a little less from train station. Nice area with many choices for food and drinks.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel is located on a main strip and not too far from the train station and other stores.

I had a very good impression the minute I spoke to concierge - professional, and friendly.

My room was very welcoming. I that had the bedroom with a inner door from the main door - that was a bonus. Separates the bathroom and just as well can act as a filter from the main door to drown out any noise (not like there was any).

Everything was nicely laid out in the room and the bed was very comfortable, and so much that I took a nap and ended up sleeping until morning! Yes, it was that comfortable!

There is a restaurant in the lobby, which I paid 20 Euros for a breakfast buffet - I think it was overpriced for what it was, but the food selection could be larger, but it was tasty otherwise with the selections I picked.

I could not find the gym - despite the signs, it was very misleading (so if you're into working out, better find out where it is first instead of trying to interpret the signs).

There really isn't anything bad to say about this NH hotel - It made the stay enjoyable in Heidelberg granted that it was raining and cold outside, the inner comforts of a fabulous room and hotel makes it all better.

I would definitely stay here again if I were to visit again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple