“Very nice hotel with original Architecture in Heidelberg”
Review of NH Heidelberg

NH Heidelberg
Ranked #10 of 76 Hotels in Heidelberg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I went there on a business trip upon recommendation from a colleague. Place is really nice. Mixture of old and modern architecture is quite a success and gives character and originality to the place. Rooms are clean, quite functional. Breakfast is quite good and offers variety. 10mn walk until the begining of central pedestrian street leading to tousistic area, restaurants and castle. Close to train station. Quiet area. Really a nice place to relax after a working day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We wanted to stay in Heidelberg to visit family. I had some NH points from a previous visit.

It seems that hotels in Heidelberg are generally expensive. This hotel has some nice architecture and is well-located; but the room wasn't special.

Despite paying a lot for the room, the free wifi was next to useless - it took ages to connect, and then seemed to stop working after you'd done next to nothing. The pay wifi was pricey (over 6 euros an hour I think); and breakfast was a hefty 21 euros per person on top of the expensive room rate.

We wanted to use the sauna, but when we enquired about it we were told it was closed - some technical problem.

Still... there's a very nice cafe/bar very close by - Merlin - that does a good breakfast (from 09:00) for €5 (under €10 a head with drinks etc) in the same block, very close by; and opposite a cafe/bakery that opens earlier...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank petermbenglish
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The staff here was a breath of fresh air. When I arrived, the woman checked me in quickly, told me where I could park our rental SUV (not what we reserved, but oh well)-- in the bus parking lot right outside the rear lobby doors-- and pointed out the top sights of Heidelberg on a map that she gave me.

I had another question a bit later and a gentleman at the front desk again helped me quickly and kindly. I was in Germany for 11 days and this was the best front desk staff, including a very speedy checkout.

I believe we were in room 124 or 125 and the size was wonderful. The closet was a big walk-in and we enjoyed the convenience of having (self serve) cofffee and tea in the room. The nearby Aldi (groceries), DM (like CVS), and restaurants were also super convenient. There was Thai, Italian, Chinese, and more within a very quick walk. There's also of course a restaurant in the hotel.

The only minor downfall was that our room was on a "half floor." In other words, we had to lug our big international suitcases up and down stairs. Not great for a tired older woman and a woman with a previous neck and back injury but we were so eager to just get to our room that I didn't explore the possibility of switching rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole R
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for business and thought it was a decent hotel. The staff was friendly, especially the bartenders at night! The kitchen was nearly closed and he convinced them to make me some French fries... I was so happy as I was in meetings all day and starving. The soccer games were on in the lounge area of the bar. The rooms were large and clean.

You can walk to the main cry center but it's a bit of a ways for Americans who don't walk much...... For those who do and others it's nothing at all. I loved walking al the way up to the castle at night and then returning for a night cap at he NH bar. There is not a brewery but a bee garden and while I was there it was not open.

Parking is right under the hotel and it's very close to the autobahn.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed at the HH Heidelberg May 10 and were more than a little disappointed. Our room was clean and large but absolutely stark and sterile. I have seen more character in a hospital ward. I was surprised that the room did not have a flat screen LCD TV. These are available even in hotels in the Canadian Arctic. The intern service although there was vat best sporadic and for all practice purpose non existent. The computer in the lobby was also non functional and it was impossible to access the airline website to print a boarding pass. When the desk staff was questioned about this they were essentially unresponsive. In all the hotel experience was exceptionally negative although they did provide a "gift" of a single luggage tagged with the HH Hotel logo on it as a momento of our stay I passed mine onto the first vagrant I saw.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SNamycush
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a 3-4 star hotel but the new renovated rooms are huge and great. They offer for 25 EUR/night an upgrade with free mini-bar consumption and a huge room. The room has a separate section for clothing and the bedroom includes sofas and even a small bar with high chairs.

The breakfast is also ok and is equal to 4-star hotels nearby.

The location is close to major attractions and the highway.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here for work. It's an interesting building with a lot of characther.

The staff are amazingly friendly and efficient. The breakfast was superb.

It's well located on the main strip through Heidelburg with good access to trains and motorways.

Rooms are comfortable and well equiped.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business