“good choice even as a city hotel.”
Review of NH Heidelberg

NH Heidelberg
Ranked #8 of 76 Hotels in Heidelberg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dubai
“good choice even as a city hotel.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here on a round-trip and i really can recommend the hotel - very quiet rooms, good sleeping comfort and very attentive staff.
Breakfast was one of the highest standards with a huge selection off cold and hot food.
Although its a 10min walk down to the old city centre, its really not far.
we had a room in the 2nd floor and have not heard anything from hotel operations or neighbours.
typical NH hospitality, good for a stop-over or business travel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed at NH Heidelberg during our trip through Europe. Nice, clean hotel in a good location. Breakfast was great, as it had a huge assortment of food and beverages. It was an enjoyable experience for us.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Bronshoej, Denmark
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My group was rejected, even though we had reservation for this hotel. In the reception they claimed that our reservation was for another NH hotel 20 km outside Heidelberg, and it was done in a rude and arrogant way.

This meant many extra hours and money spent on transportation to and from the city.

The administration admits that the communication from the hotel has not been satisfactory, but they offered no kind of compensation.

The NH Hotel, the group was referred to, was definitely not a 4-star experience. For instance, their wi-fi didn't work on apple products. This was a disaster for several group members.

Just not good enough, NH.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Karoline L
Narrabeen, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

A very big thanks to Natalie & Doeter on the reception, for being so understanding with our needs our 1st room was awesome but not easy for our 82yo Mum . Room 436 much easier to access from the lift. Thanks to Moritz the bar tender, he made evening drinks special.the restaurant had a good selection of meals & drinks.

Room Tip: I think most rooms are good, just check the floor for some of them you need to access lifts & st...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Frederiksberg, Denmark
Reviewed 12 June 2014

As we (a choir of 32 persons) arrived to the hotel, the receptionst starred at us and said: "You haven't booked here".
We had contacted this hotel via E-mail but they gave us an offer for another NH hotel 20 km outside of Heidelsberg! But how on earth could we know that NH Hirschberg Heidelberg is another hotel far away from Heidelberg city?
There was no address, no specification about the location, nothing that would indicate that this was a completely different hotel so we gladly accepted the offer for this "great" hotel and thought that we were going to stay in the centre of Heidelberg. Otherwise we would have stuck to the offer, we already had in the city!
The moving outside the city was a disaster since we have disabled and older peole in our group so the four days that our tour lasted was a challenge in many ways, mostly as far as transportation is concerned.
I can only say: be careful when you write to the hotel. You get an answer from the head quarter in Berlin. And unfortunately, the reception at NH Heidelberg was not very helpful even though there was no other guests.
I will definetely never stay at one of the NH Hotels again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Antoinette K
Montreal
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hotel is conveniently located between the railway station (5 min walk) and the old town (10 min walk), with easy access by car and a private parking. It has all the commodities of a modern hotel, and -- from what I gathered -- offers some sort of bicycle lease/loan to its clients (check on that, don't take my word). Its construction elegantly links old building using new structures. Because of this construction, and although there is an elevator, you may have to climb stairs and go through a few doors to get to your room, carrying your luggage. So if you have an issue with that, book very early, and select yout took accordingly. All personnel I dealt with spoke English, desk clerks mastered it. Service was always courteous and efficient, throughout my three nights stay.

Took a single room, traveling on my own. Small, but impeccable. The room had a safe-box large enough to accommodate my 15" laptop… at an angle. The room was quiet, the bed comfortable, and the (unlocked) fridge allowed me to start each day with a cool bottle of water for my long walks through Heidelberg and to Schwetzingen. (BTW, I recommend the 5 km walk to Schwetzingen Shloß, following the old straight line Alter Heidelberg Weg -- road/trail, no high heels -- but by and large along the fields and away from the traffic.) Wi-Fi was honest, although it appeared a bit slow to me (but I was mostly uploading to Dropbox, and this might explain that). The working desk was definitely too small to do any useful work, but -- hey! -- that wasn't the main reason I went to Heidelberg.

Breakfast is superb, and will satisfy the most stringent customer: from the traditional bacon & eggs to muesli & yogurt, along with salmon & prosciutto; it would take three more lines to account for everything. Grab a fresh fruit or two before you leave the dining room, to take along while you visit the Altstadt.

Had an early train on the day I checked-out. Really appreciated the efficiency of the staff, and the short distance to the station: just rolled my suitcase along, walking.

It was my first experience with NH Hoteles, and I would definitely recommend it to friends and family. I will go to NH Hoteles again.

Room Tip: If carrying your luggage is an issue, book in advance and select a room in the building with the ele...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TraveLightMtl
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed here for my honeymoon, and they "overbooked" the hotel, and moved us to a disabled room instead of the romantic room we requested. There is no bathtub or shower, just a showerhead coming out of the wall next to the toilet, with a drain on the floor (see picture). We requested to move to a different room, or even pay extra to upgrade to something else, but they would not help us.
Parking is 18 Euro overnight, with no other options.
Their Internet is ungodly slow, limited to 0.5 Mbps, unless you pay an extra daily fee.
I would not recommend, nor will I ever return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple