“Lowenbrau”

Lowenbrau
Ranked #40 of 543 Restaurants in Heidelberg
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

My wife, daughter and I had drinks and dinner at the Lowenbrau tonight. Lorenzo, our host and server, helped us get through the menu and beer list. The Lowenbrau is about three hundred years old and is located in the Old Town section of Heidelberg. It has a lot of charm and a warm, relaxing atmosphere. The food and service was excellent. I had the bratwurst, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. My wife enjoyed the Chicken Cordon Bleu and my daughter had the Turkey Schnitzel. We hit a home run when we chose to dine there.

Date of visit: October 2017
2  Thank robinsw

Reviewed 5 October 2017

On the afternoon of a whirlwind one-day, end-of-trip stay in Old Town Heidelberg, my husband and I were craving schnitzel when we came across this eatery. Opting for an indoor table, we found ourselves in a raised booth just inside the door with currency of the world attached by previous diners. We liked the aged, dark-wood feel of the place, the waitstaff was multi-lingual and in good humor; our schnitzel dishes were what we had been dreaming of. Not the cheapest schnitzel in Old Town, but worth every Euro-cent!

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank RainMqt
Reviewed 21 August 2017

The place was crowded, but a nice German couple asked us to join them at their table. I had a taste for a good Bratwurst that was serve with kraut and mashed potatoes. My wife ordered Schnitzel which was served with mashed potatoes, but upon request, they gladly substituted spaetzli. Topped that off with a couple of good German Pilsner beers and we were in Deutschland heaven.

1  Thank ted61
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

The service was excellent . We had a dog with us . The dog was welcome and the first thing we got was water for the dog .
The jager was lovely and the beer Good .

I Will return here in the future

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We ate at this restaurant twice. Food and service was super and price was fair. Recommend the currywurst and the schnitzels. Also try and get a outside table to people watch.