“Don't hesitate to go upstairs...”

Ristorante Da Mario
Ranked #97 of 529 Restaurants in Heidelberg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

I lived a long time in Heidelberg and passed thousands of times in front of this restaurant, being too lazy to go upstairs (it is located on the first floor). Finally I did one evening, and I didn't regret: the location and furniture are very peculiar and give somehow an old-fashioned impression, but I liked it. I had a simple pizza margherita, and it was ok and crispy.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Not so far from the City centre.
Delicious food.
Large space.
Welcoming staff.
Nice crowd.
Recommendable

1  Thank Shikha B
Reviewed 24 March 2017

We had a dinner at Da Mario. We both had pizza and my pizza was very good but my husband did not feel the same about his. The vine and beer was good. We had to wait a little to long time for our second beer. They had forgotten about that we did ask for more. The price was good.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

I used frecuently to go to this restaurant because the food was good and tasted. But the last time, my meal was really bad, I am not sure about the dressings or the amount of glutamate used for the salad but I spent the evening with stomach problems. I will not came there anymore.

1  Thank CristinaS000
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

After a evening strawl in Heidelberg in evening (not something to recommend) we finally decided to go to this restaurant on the first floor.

What to expect: bright dining area, lively en vironment, extended menu with Italian classics, fast service, reasonable quality, German influenced recipes

What not to expect: authentic food (salad sauce, pasta could have been more al dente, minimal tomato on bruschetta), romantic evening (crowded tables and many people going in and out to smoke outsider)

Pricing is reasonable which makes price quality good