“Leonardo Heidelberg hotel, Kirchheim”

Leonardo Hotel Heidelberg
Ranked #27 of 76 Hotels in Heidelberg
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I stayed with my group for 5 nights in that hotel, The rooms are modern, clean and comfortable.
The breakfast is good with many choices. The creww was polite and helpfull.
The location is far from the center and you need bus or taxi to get there.
A small shop in the gas station at the entrance of the hotel provide some basic things, Not far is the neighbourhoods supermarket, Also close is a good Macedonian restaurant with international menu.
There is maintanence problem. We stayed at the hotest days in the hotel and the aircondition didn't worked for 3 days at half of the rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms started with 300 has no elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We went to this hotel on July 30, 2013 with my wife. They apparently will be a Leonardo hotel as they are taking over Holiday Inn. There is no free Wi-Fi, but they will offer that service in September according to a note my wife and I read. I didn't want to shell out 10 euro with no real guarantee that it will even work well. I didn't like the location all that much. My wife and I took the bus 33 and had to walk 10 minutes from the hotel. It took 4.60 euro round trip for one person on the bus. We walked around Heidelberg for a bit and were able to catch an 11 o'clock bus to get back. The service was okay. The young males were a bit unsure of a few things, but someone eventually knew the answer. My wife enjoyed the breakfast particularly the eggs. Please keep in mind they we were traveling with Globus, so this wouldn't have been our number 1 choice. However; Globus picks out the hotels and we have no say. BOTTOM LINE: This place is just basic. Nothing special, but a place to sleep and maybe even eat in.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We spent ages looking for this hotel only to find that it is not a Holiday Inn anymore it is now a Leonardo Hotel. We booked this hotel in January and no-one bothered to tell us! There is car parking at this hotel at a charge of 8 euros a night! A charge we had not expected when we originally booked the hotel and said we were driving and needed car parking facilities. The Reception areas were clean tidy and staff were helpful. We had a standard room that was clean, quiet and comfortable. We ate in the Hotel as we had driven from lake Como and had arrived late in the evening. Would not recommend the restaurant. limited choice and poor service. During our trip we had stayed in a range of 3 and 4 star hotels in France, Italy and Germany and this was the most expensive one and did not include breakfast. Very average hotel and we would not use it again.

Room Tip: There are other hotels in Heidelberg to consider before choosing this one.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This hotel has the name Heidelberg, but if you plan to visit Heidelberg you may want to book a hotel there instead as this is pretty far, 20min drive away. I had issues finding this Holiday Inn on my GPS, but since it is near the Autobahn it's easy to spot with its green Holiday Inn sign and you should be able to exit in time. The room was pretty ok average and fortunately good working aircon on this hot summerday (34C), but I kept on chasing bugs crawling over the floor. I do not know if they lilve there or if they just had a stopover from the nexdoor field, but in any case they were easy to find and I slept well. The hotel has both indoor and outdoor pool, restaurant outside by the pool, with bar and music from the radio which was nice. Service from the staff is average, don't expect too much, and it took long to make dinner too. anyways the hotel is popular, and I would visit again, and you should book early and not just drop by, some guests who tried to drop by got the message that they are fully booked and had to look for somewhere else, this was mid summer peak season.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the parking, less distance to carry stuff. I had a room with a beautiful suns...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Our stay here started badly. We booked in April to stay at the Holiday Inn for in June. Unbeknown to us, it became a Leonardo Hotel on 1st May, but nobody bothered to tell us, so we spent some time searching before it dawned on us that the name must have changed. Then they want 8 euros a night to park. Now, I expect this at a City centre hotel, but not one on the outskirts with just an open parking area, no fences and no security. A complaint brought a shrug of the shoulders from the receptionist and a comment that she didn't make the rules. It was a very hot day so the excellent air conditioning was a big bonus, but the room and bathroom were small and nothing like the pictures on the web site. In view of the heat we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant, but were confronted with a sign saying it was closed because of a function. In fact, it was only one of the two restaurants which was closed, but anyone reading the sign could easily have been put off. Breakfast was good. Overall, we got the impression that the change of identity had left the hotel in a state of confusion and they need to get their act together. Incidently, there seem to be two Leonardo hotels in Heidelberg - this review refers to the out of town one.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosslynace
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I'm regularly in Heidelberg for business reasons and I stayed two times in this hotel. It's located just few km from the city center. I would rate it as an average hotel. On the positive side the price and the fact that the rooms are clean. On the negative: the room is too small, the bathroom has the same size of a bathroom in a train. I have also paid 5euro per 1h wi-fi connection which should be high speed but it's not. At the moment of checking out only one person to assist more than 10 people waiting to pay. Good quality at restaurant. In short there are many other options in Heidelberg and I'll be here again only if I do not have other alternatives.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Remendo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Heidelberg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear Remendo,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is nice to know that you found the room clean. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with the size of the room and bathroom. Thank you again for posting your comments. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.