“Great way to end our German holiday”
Review of Weisser Stein

Weisser Stein
Ranked #26 of 543 Restaurants in Heidelberg
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 30 September 2018

We wanted somewhere 'ordinary' in the best sense, took a Number 5 tram from the centre and weren't the least disappointed. In fact, this was one of the nicest meals of our ten-day holiday. Succulent steak for me, tasty chicken noodles for my wife, with superb side-salads. German spirits to end with. All served by an enthusiastic and helpful waiter who seemed absolutely delighted to welcome two English visitors. We walked back to the centre along quiet streets.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Me and some friends were looking for a place to get good food and beer. Decided to check this out and we couldn't have been more pleased with the experience. Patrick the owner is very friendly and clearly has a passion for what he does. I had the Chili burger and it may have been the best burger I've ever had. The outdoor seating was so welcoming it felt like being welcomed into someones home. Highly recommend stopping here if you're ever in the area!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Perfect Schnitzel.
Perfect Radler.
Perfect Service.

I will be returning frequently and showing as many people as possible!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 1 May 2018

A straightforward, local restaurant where the effort is made to deliver quality food and friendly service. Join local families for unique schnitzel and big burgers - you'll be welcome: the locals at the bar said hello as we arrived and goodbye as we left. Comfortable outdoor area. Only a short tram ride or a medium walk. Make the effort to get away from the tourist-dependent outlets in the centre and go where you can only succeed by getting the locals to come back. The host will explain how he makes the unique sauce for his schnitzels.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I don’t know where to begin...from the extremely helpful and friendly staff to the amazing homemade food, this restaurant delivered an incredible experience for our first German meal!
Their homemade gravy and the schnitzel was literally THE BEST I’ve ever had!!
As really big foodies our first experience was incredible and spent the rest of the trip comparing to that dish.
I highly recommend making this a top priority on your travel list!

Date of visit: October 2017