“passing through”

Ranked #22 of 61 Hotels in Karlsruhe
MELBOURNE
“passing through”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Check in was straight forward, price was reasonable, wifi not free and if you pay then it's only for one device, I really think that's poor in this day and age. The loft room is very hot in summer particularly when the beds are on the most upper level with no opening windows. We had to move the mattresses downstairs to be able to sleep. Parking is €6 for the night but if you can get a spot on the street is free. Kitchenette is handy if you need to whip up your own grub.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank al_ditto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stopped here just to sleep as we were heading for the ferry at Amsterdam. I wanted a family room at short notice and got an apartment here which slept up to 5 people. It had a mezzanine floor with 3 beds upstairs and a settee bed downstairs. The property could have done with some modernisation but for 1 night it didn't bother us at all as we just wanted a good sleep. We all slept fine.

It was cheaper than other options which meant getting 2 rooms. It was clean and and tidy and had a decent kitchen and a small balcony. We took our own breakfast which meant we didn't have to pay 11 euros each in the morning. 4 small bottles of water were provided free of charge. The room had a good TV and you also got off street parking. The area seemed OK with a good Indian and Thai restaurant close by.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stuart N
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a group for 2 weeks. They cleaned the room only once a week as we were booked on a long stay, this was not acceptable.

The street was extremely noisy at night with a few bars around the corner. When we asked to to be changed to the garden facing rooms (assuming they wee quieter) we were told they were not available, while it was blatantly obvious they were.

The hotel staff were reasonably friendly.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 3 April 2014

First & Foremost - please understand that this is a budget hotel only - mostly preferred by people who want to cook their own meals or under corporate rates.
The front desk ladies are just ok and don't know why they hardly smile.
The room size is ok for what you pay and decent sized for short stay.
Breakfast option is available but little expensive - hence less preferred by many guests - particularly vegetarians. Many eateries around , so can manage easily.
Train station is nearby and so is convenience stores - so you can have what you want and als stock the fridge.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Omni_Rahul
Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The worst hotel ever. First of all room was not really prepared, was dirty and stinked like kebab house. When I sat on the bad, enourmous number of dust took off. Nobody cleaned it for ages. Unfortunately there was some IT conference(18-20.02) in Karlsruhe so I had to stay there, all other hotels were fully booked.
But the worst were the hotel service, especially the manager lady. She was really rude. I have not seen this anywhere else. I was on bussiness trip and I had to shorten my stay. Like Ning Y wrote in other comment, I had the same situation. They did not let me to shorten my stay, even though I let them know day before I checked in ?? I booked hotel via SiemensTravelNet, like always, and there was never any problems with changing reservations.
They told me they can't change my reservation, but today I know there were lying. They use hotelprovider "DERTOUR" and of course they could change the reservation like other hotels do. But they just didn't wanted. Really poor customer care.

To sum up - small stinky rooms, dirty, rude service and completely not flexible, I would recommend only to mothers-in-law :)

Room Tip: My tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Łukasz B

Travellers are raving about these Karlsruhe hotels

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 January 2014

More of a service apartment than a hotel. Small size room, bathroom and a kitchenette. Dark and scary hallways. Location is good and the train station is 7-10 min away by taxi. No breakfast is served, but there are a few eating options nearby

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I was on a business trip and due to the change of the plan, I had to check out earlier after more than a week of stay, but I was told I had to pay all through my end of booking,which I had never encountered in the rest of the world. The ladies in the office were very rude and they would never even listen to the customer, they just kept saying" we can not change your reservation and you have to pay to the end" " there is no solution and that is the mistake of your company". OMG, it is the first time in my life that I had to pay without staying.....

They are two front desks ladies and both of them are very unfriendly. They should learn the basic rules in the hotel busniess,which is the RESPECT to the customer.

For such an unhappy experience, I will never come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business