“Great views and good food”
Review of Restaurant Skyline

Restaurant Skyline
Ranked #175 of 620 Restaurants in Mannheim
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We went to the restaurant for lunch and also to enjoy the views of the Fernmeldeturm in Mannheim, to celebrate my wife's birthday.
Were extremely lucky that was a sunny day so we were able to have clear sights of the surrounding areas, which was great.
Food was very nice, although a bit pricey, but I guess you also pay for the view.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

The revolving restaurant is great for views and atmosphere. I booked for sundown and you feel high above Mannheim. The decor was a little more family focused than smart but cosy. Service was quick and friendly, offered to take photos for us. That just leaves the food! The salad was murdered in a sea of salad dressing and our veggie mains were very heavy and tasteless - a freezer and microwave could take on the chef in my eyes! That said, cool place to hang out. I'd go back for drinks!

2  Thank louis_on_the_road
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great view and great blackforest cake, but if you want a decent meal and decent service, avoid this place.

The entree and main course (for both my boyfriend and I) were all too salty. We told the waitress about it and we got replaced a portion (!) of our main and no apologies were given.

2  Thank WildDreamer
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Our German hosts took us to the Skyline Restaurant one evening on our business trip to Mannheim, and it was amazing! The food, the view, the weather -- all added up to an amazing trip. Our host coached me in ordering from the menu in German, and the sausages and sauerkraut were out of this world, as was the beer. We took a huge number of pictures of the view and the food to share with friends.

I hope to get to return again some day.

3  Thank Stanbro81
Reviewed 16 June 2010

The restaurant is located on a communication tower, it has a wonderfull 360degree view of Mannheim.
Food is very good as well as the service.

1  Thank magic302nd