“This is really good in Mannheim”

Best Western Plus Delta Park Hotel
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Mannheim
Singapore, Singapore
“This is really good in Mannheim”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stay here for three nights since the premium one isn't available and certainly this is very good. The service is impeccable and madey stay very well. Bed were big and water pressure is a little too high but I would take high pressure any day instead of low pressure. Just put a cloth or something to soften the pressure. Breakfast is really good as well, there is a wide spread of fruits and yogurt.

Will I stay again? Yes if there isn't vacancy at the premium one.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Turkish first
Verona, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 June 2013

On one hand, the room was OK and the location was only a short walk from the train station. On the other hand, the rates were questionable... I thought I had a good rate, but when I checked in on a Sunday they told me that I had a room with no air conditioning and if I wanted a room with AC, it would be Euro 15/night more! And they also told me that my "great" rate was only for the Sunday night; my Monday night rate jumped an additional Euro 40. Plus, the breakfast was a whopping Euro 18 - it was good, but that seemed like a very high amount. So in the end the hotel was OK but the value was not great, thus the basis of my rating of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Seattle
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We went on a short trip to Germany to visit the John Deere factory and chose this hotel because it's close to the city center, the John Deere factory and the train station. The hotel was very clean, our room was very large and the beds and shower were superb.
Also breakfast was really good with lots of choices of bread, cereal, juice, jam, eggs, bacon, cold cuts, cheese, smoked salmon....
Apart from the hotel we really enjoyed the visit at John Deere, it was really worth the trip!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Seattle77
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I stayed three nights at the Best Western and was warmly welcomed by the staff. From the moment I arrived until the moment I checked out, the reception staff, catering staff, restaurant staff and even staff I encountered in the elevator greeted me with a smile, and when I said, "Hello," immediately greeted me in English.
I was at the Best Western to speak at a workshop and the set-up staff and catering staff were extremely accommodating. When they asked what type of water I preferred at the speakers' table, they then made sure I had an endless supply of sparkling water. When they discovered my American habit of drinking Diet Coke for breakfast, they made sure to supply that too!
I would stay here again for business AND for just visiting Mannheim again. Quick walk to the main part of the city for shopping, seeing the Christmas Market, and finding great restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking to be far away from smoke!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank NewJerseyLori
Tunis
Reviewed 15 November 2012

It's a business hotel well located in mannheim center near from main attractions, the hotel is ok with a good breakfast service but the rooms and the furniture are old and need an urgent renovation.

could be better for a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank aspis55
Adrian, Michigan
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I chose this hotel because of the location part way between Karlsruhe and Frankfurt. The proximity to the Mannheim Hbf played a major part in my decision as I was able to walk from the train station. The hotel was a little tough to find but I managed with the help of a kind gentleman I met on the street. The hotel exterior was unobtrusive and blended well with the neighborhood. The lobby area was nice but unspectacular. The front desk staff was efficient and helpful. The room was quite adquate for me and the amenities, including the internet, were in good working order. The location was also reasonably convenient to downtown and the room rate was quite reasonable. I was able to walk into the town center very easily and quickly. The morning breakfast was actually quite good and the staff at breakfast was very friendly and efficient. They also offered a deal with Venice Beach Fitness in the city center for use of their facilities for seven euros. I would recommend this hotel for any stays in Mannheim.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Adam Hayden
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This hotel is slightly more central than some other options in Mannheim - about a 5 minute walk to the Starbucks, shopping area, but only 3 minutes from the Hauptbahnhof. A good selection of hot and cold options in the breakfast and a staff that are always friendly.

The rooms are dated, but clean.

Internet is fast and reliable: day and night.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business